The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

atanabe

Some images from yesterday. A large migration of bald eagles happens every year on the Skagit River in Washington state. These were shot with a Hasselblad 501CM and CFV 16 back with a 350CF lens handheld from a drift boat.

KeithL

Keith, your touch of summer photo is great; I love the lighting, composition and textures! Charles
Charles, thanks.

Winter here in the UK has been so bleak; I just needed reminding of the feel of warm sunshine on my back!

Best

atanabe

Thanks Mark, I got lucky - what can I say. By all rights I should not have had as many keepers as I did from the day. I shot about 140 images and got about 40 that were sharp and motion free. The others in the group had me out gunned with their 400 - 500 and 600 IS lenses shooting at 9 fps. I clunked along at 1 fps, the guide said it was like hearing a shotgun going off! I took along my D700 and 70-300 zoom and got some technically perfect images, but the file quality did not equal what I got off of the CFV.

Call me a square pegger!

dick

Chilly in the Columbia Gorge this week. Multnomah Falls
Alpa Max / Schneider 47 APO-Digitar / P40+ multi-image shift stitch.
Very nice ... I am looking forward to producing pictures like that when I get my Apo-Digitar 47XL mounted... did you use a center filter?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jack/Dick:

I used 5 shots, with 0, 10 & 15mm total rise & fall with the 47 Apo Digitar. I have lens mounted to the tripod so effectively it's back rise/fall.

With respect to filters, no - I shot LCC images for each shift shot and used C1 Pro to correct for light fall off. Even with my P40+ & the Schneider there was an element of light drop off at 15mm+ and I can see that the LCC processing may have introduced some noise at the extremes (not sure if it might have been over correction as I used my 4x4 Expodisc rather than CI LCC card for this).

Note to self: maybe should have focused at 10m ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks Bill,

I wasn't certain that I'd have enough rise/fall with the Alpa & 47mm to get it all in and in fact I had to tilt the camera to get this shot. This was my first real attempt at extreme rise/fall vs stitch with the Alpa and I may go back and have another stab at it as I realized that my coiled sync cable had pinched between the body & lens mount. This restricted the fall to 15mm and I can actually go to 25mm which would have eliminated having the tilt. Luckily this is 20 minutes from home and so 'next time' is an option.

Without the bridge (colorized B&W original from wiki), although you'd need a time machine back to before 1914 for this view:

steflaurent974

End of the day shots :

Too many people here on this spot :

Last light in the sky :

Both shot with PhaseOne P25+, Hasselblad 501cm, Distagon 50mm FLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.