The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

I'm on holiday in Switzerland for a few days. Here are a few images. P20+ and Alpa with Schneider 90mm and 35mm Alpar.

I love this light. I have an image of mckinley with similar light as a storm cleared, it looks so surreal. Harsh but captivating.

Nice!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Is that a correction anomaly I see in his second image??? :poke:
I was wondering about the visible falloff in all of them --- since it's so prevalent in every image I assume it is artistic intent. The ones that looked problematic color shift wise to me were the last two with slight cyan and magenta ringing in gray sky on both (on second look, the 1st, 3rd and 4th have a slight amount too), but then there isn't much saturation in any of them. I assume it's some new automated software tool, but we'll just have to wait for Yair's official commentary!

LonnaTucker

Maybe "fun" is not exactly what this was as some of these structures remind us of some very dark days...

Today in Berlin. Aptus-II 12 on Arca-Swiss Rm2D and SK 43mm Digitar

No LCC required (can't tell you why...yet...):

"No LCC required (can't tell you why...yet...)"

Hi Yair,

I like the sound of that! Leaf engineering has definitely made the difference in these new backs from Phase. I know there are other improvements, but let's give some credit when it's due.

Lonna

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nice ... but for snow to look really convincing (and distinguishable from icing sugar) is is nice to have some snow in the foreground at high enough res for the texture to be evident.
\
Good point, I'll look for some good opportunities to exploit that.

yaya

"No LCC required (can't tell you why...yet...)"

Hi Yair,

I like the sound of that! Leaf engineering has definitely made the difference in these new backs from Phase. I know there are other improvements, but let's give some credit when it's due.

Lonna
Thanks Lonna, vignetting and desaturation were done in post, the rest is in camera...

Analog6

A panorama of Bluff in the south island of New Zealand, taken looking north west from the road up to the lookout on Bluff Hill. Bluff is a seaport and the southern-most town in New Zealand, and was one of the earliest areas of New Zealand where a European presence became established in 1823/24. It is the main gateway for NZ ships heading down to the Antarctic. The harbour is also home to the Foveaux Strait oyster fleet. Bluff oysters are renowned for their succulence and flavour, and are considered a delicacy nationwide, with Bluff holding an annual oyster festival.

H2/P20/80mm

Bluff Light by Photography by Odille, on Flickr

Last edited:
F

FabianB

I just bought a ZD Back and here is my first 'real' photo after a couple of test shots. So far I like this back very much!
:thumbs:
Fabian

(thanks Mediumcool for the hint about ImageShack!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.