The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlasR

Have to post this one here -- it's already in the IQ180 review, but it I think it's decent enough to place in this thread. I was in Yosemite this past Wednesday and the light and weather were magic. I know it's a cliche, but still, I like it:

IQ180, Phase DF, 55LS lens, great light
Its beautiful..Because of the back or the photographer?

BlasR

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Its beautiful..Because of the back or the photographer?

BlasR

Thank you -- I think :)

Being in the right place at a good time is half of it. The next 1/4 is knowing what your vision is. The final 1/4 is the combination of technical capability and aptitude to bring it all together. But... When you have all of that AND get it laid down quickly and accurately with great tech, it's a sweet finish to the process!

Seriously, if you've been to Yosemite, you know the "parking lot" and "photo patio" for Tunnel View. (There are actually two now, one on each side of the road, this was from the "old" one.) And it was a busy day in the park. When I got there, there were maybe 100 other people with cameras out snapping on the old side, and another 50 on the new side using everything from cell phones to P&S cams to heavy duty DSLR's and even a view camera. I hopped out of the car, set up, captured a frame, reviewed using my NEW technology, made an adjustment (exposure), snapped again, reviewed that one and confirmed I had it nailed it, then grabbed a few more insurance frames and was back in my car and out of the parking in under three minutes. How many of the other folks got this same image, I have no idea, but there was a great deal of dynamic range in the scene, so I'm guessing not many got it as well as I did. In the end what counts to me is that *I* got it, and the tech definitely helped me get it ;)

BlasR

Thank you -- I think :)

Seriously, being in the right place at a good time is half of it. The next 1/4 is knowing what your vision is. The final 1/4 is the combination of technical capability and aptitude to bring it all together. But... When you have all of that AND get it laid down quickly and accurately with great tech, it's a sweeter finish :D

Seriously, if you've been to Yosemite, you know the "parking lot" and "photo patio" for Tunnel View. (There are actually two now, one on each side of the road, this was the "old" one.) When I got there, there were maybe 100 other people with cameras out snapping on the old side, and another 50 on the new side when I grabbed this shot; using everything from cell phones to P&S cams to heavy duty DSLR's and even a view camera. I hopped out of the car, set up, captured a frame, reviewed using my NEW technology, made an adjustment (exposure), snapped, reviewed that and confirmed I had it nailed it, then grabbed a few more insurance frames and was back in my car and out of the parking in under three minutes.
I had been there with film, long ago. Its serious, its a beautiful shot. As u
said, right time, right equipment, the good eyes and aptitude to put all together, can get what you just posted. As I said, its the photographer or the new back.. as you explain in your case its both.

BlasR

S

Shelby Lewis

Shelby,

I missed this one earlier -- GREAT tones in the water, I like it a lot!
Thanks Jack! Much appreciated.

It almost goes without saying that your recent b/w posts are fantastic. It's so neat to see someone with such a defined vision shoot with equipment that doesn't inhibit that vision. Congrats to you as well, sir!

Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Some recent images from Death Valley where I was fortunate enough to meet Don Libby and his wife.
P45+

LOVE this one, Ma. The way the light is filtering through the dust makes for a really compelling scene. Nicely seen and well captured!

Shelby

Don Libby

Thought I'd share one of the first images shot using my new P65+

Technical information: WRS1000, P65+, Schneider 72mm f/8 1/125 ISO 50
Processed in C1Pro

Yeah, I'm a happy camper. Dave will be getting my older P45+ back sometime next week - I'm keeping this one.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.