The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
John,

I understand Arca includes a rear box extension of about 1" with that lens for the RM3D. But it is on my short-list. So after my 40HR and 120 SK, my biggest decision is do I get the 70HR or the 73SK?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I hope you know I was joking, I fogot to add a smiley face :) The H is more than I'll ever need.

Kind regards
Derek
:D :thumbs:

I like your portfolio a lot btw! Your FB shot of your Range Rover looks very familiar to me too. My Land Rover looks very similar when I'm on the road! "lived in" I think is the term. :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Derek,

love the "silver" glow you captured in the water --- great shot! :thumbs:

jecxz

:D :thumbs:

I like your portfolio a lot btw! Your FB shot of your Range Rover looks very familiar to me too. My Land Rover looks very similar when I'm on the road! "lived in" I think is the term. :)
Thank you and yes, same here, on a shoot the car is home!

I sold the Range Rover when she hit 100,000 miles and replaced her with a Jeep Commander, which is a bit more reliable. Biggest worry was being stuck where there were no parts. You have shots of your Land Rover?

Kind regards,
Derek

tsjanik

I returned last week from a shoot in Quebec, here's one of the keepers:

I'm still using old and out-dated equipment, I made it with an H3DII39. I posted about 10 other keepers from the Quebec trip in my Latest Work section in my website. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
http://www.jecxz.com
http://www.facebook.com/derek.jecxz.photographer
Derek:

I really enjoyed your shots from Quebec. Such a beautiful place, especially where the Canadian shield meets the water. Twice I've been fortunate to stay at Paradis Marin campground near Tadoussac.

Tom

Last edited:

woodyspedden

jecxz

Hey Derek
Is the silver in the water glacial silt?

Great shot

Woody
Hi Tom and Woody, thanks. No, it's not silt. It's just a light reflection from a longer exposure (several seconds); I waited for about 2 hours until the sun was lower, then I took about 1 hour to make this photograph (it took me a while to find the perspective that I had in mind). I used an ND Grad to help out, and I'm pretty sure I also had a regular ND too. I also dodged the water slightly as the reflection was not uniform.

Kind regards,
Derek

Don Libby

Sweet image Don. Looking forward to seeing a few of your slot canyon images.
Here you go Ed

I took the Cambo WRS1000 and P65 down into Lower Antelope last week to see how it would hold up to the problems of shooting inside a slot canyon.

The first image is a single capture Schneider 35mm

The second image is 2-captures for a focal stack. (Schneider 35mm)

Edit: f/5.6 1.0 ISO 50

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Cool, thanks. How long are you finding typical exposures in the deeper parts of Antelope?

etrump

:thumbs: Nice. I loved the P65 in lower antelope. 8-10 second at iso 50.
Here you go Ed

I took the Cambo WRS1000 and P65 down into Lower Antelope last week to see how it would hold up to the problems of shooting inside a slot canyon.

The first image is a single capture Schneider 35mm

Status
Not open for further replies.