The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

malmac

Re: Fun with MF images

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grand Prismatic - Yellowstone N.P.
Cambo WDS, 35mm digitar, P45+

Love the pic - imagine it looks great in full resolution. Fantastic.

mal

malmac

Yes, Mal, it's really hard I do actually have to get out of bed and go out onto the glassed-in verandah! It's a tough life.

Seriously, it is great for lightning over the ocean too, shoot in complete safety, from a chair, with coffee to hand. My big Manfrotto tripod (055-Nat + 141CRNAT ) pretty much stays out there, it's a big heavy sod to carry around so I use a lighter one when I am on the go.

I hope the time will come soon when we can catch up and chat.

Mal, Toowoomba

ghoonk

ilya, was that shot with an RZ67 Pro, Pro II or Pro IID? I was thinking go taking mine digital with my aptus 65s back but have had problems finding the right adapter, and trying to figure out how to meter with the AE prism finder

danlindberg

I'm game folks! I've got a working DB now and have had an hour today testing the SK 72L for the first time.

I am totally amazed how good I focus with guessing distance!!!!!!! I have HPF rings on order and this week coming I am ordering a Disto 5, but I am really close on every shot with guessing. I honestly did not think that was possible.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Just playing with the new IQ180.

But the real surprise is the Sensor+. I've only tried it at ISO 800 but the images are extraordinarily crisp and clean. This was the 300 mm handheld at 1/3000 sec. Processed at P1 defaults.

danlindberg

Thanks guys :)
The last one with the windows I plan to shoot again as soon as I get my disto. I need the disto to stay exactly at the same distance from physically moving the camera for a stitch. My SWA only allows for one way of movement and that is needed for rise in this case.
So, this one is a crop, and was more of a test to see if it is worth working for!

malmac

Re: Fun with MF images

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heading into the storm. IQ180 Sensor+ ISO 800, 150 mm

I am loving this image - did you do much post production, to get the light cloud bank just popping off the background clouds?

mal

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Mal, I just converted it in C1 using the built-in Style preset for high contrast B&W. Then a little extra clarity and a touch of noise reduction. I lightened the file to the point of the white cloud almost blowing out the highlights. (I had exposed ETTR as always.)

Thanks for kind comment!
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.