The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flew to Maui to shoot Haleakala crater, but too many clouds.
Instead, drove around the mountain and found this colorful abandoned vehicle.
Thought it might be worth posting.
H4d-40 with 28mm.
A little post work for fun.
The island of Lanai in the distance.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Fascinating Joe - what a juxtaposition of spectacular location and rusty subject!

And Ed, I really envy that Victoria forest shot. Your usual impeccable standard.
Bill

mediumcool

Ed,

This image keeps drawing me in. I find myself staring at it, looking at the various elements that are in the frame. It has a forest mystery about it that's almost magical. I like it a lot.

Joe
We call them *gum trees* in Australia, but their proper name is Eucalypt or Eucalyptus. Lots of them in CA apparently.

Thank you Jack and Bill.
Always fun to find this kind of juxtaposition.

Here's another from the the 10,000 ft summit of Haleakala.
The blue island of Kahoolawe is in the distance.
H4d-40 and 150mm.

etrump

Ed,

This image keeps drawing me in. I find myself staring at it, looking at the various elements that are in the frame. It has a forest mystery about it that's almost magical. I like it a lot.

Joe
Thank you all for the kind words on the Victoria image. This is the only peer forum I post images on and I really appreciate the input.

Sometimes the actual experience is so incredible no photograph could evoke similar emotion. This was one of those images that didn't do much for me until some time lapsed and I revisited the images.

R

rolad

Very first 30 minute walk with newly acquired H3D:
Ice cream parlor, due to open in 2007 ;-)

loving the detailed files and edge performance of the system compared to my Canon.

aboudd

A Tribute to Those Lost at the Pentagon

Pentagon Memorial for the Victims of 9/11/01. The markers are illuminated benches. The outward facing markers are for those lost inside the Pentagon. The inward facing markers are for the passengers of American Airlines flight 77, all of whom perished.

If you are in the D.C. area, or visiting here, you should visit the Pentagon Memorial. It is a most unusual and thoughtful memorial.

Last edited:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thank you Aboudd, not just for the photos but the accompanying explanation. Normally one hopes a picture needs no words but in this case they make the images more meaningful.

(ps "your" 75 Cron is doing great things!)
Bill

bythewei

Holy-Moly! The eye detail is incredible.

I'd add a touch of tone on the right edge.

-Marc
It's a completely unedited photo though.

Just so happened that my colleague whacked a fly and just so happened that there was a H4D-40 and HC 120mm macro lying around nearby...

So I decided to take a shot and see for myself the capabilities of this macro gem.

Frits

While we're into old houses, I shot this Fix 'er Upper :eek: somewhere on Prince Edward Island this summer.

Hasselblad H1, Phase One P25+

Status
Not open for further replies.