The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghoonk

It's a completely unedited photo though.

Just so happened that my colleague whacked a fly and just so happened that there was a H4D-40 and HC 120mm macro lying around nearby...

So I decided to take a shot and see for myself the capabilities of this macro gem.
was this with the old 120/4 macro or the 'newer' Mk II 120/4 macro?

I'm trying to decide between the 120 and the 28, seeing that the 80 is perfect for portraits, but the 28 is just so perfect for landscapes and wider angles that I can't pull off with the 80.

Analog6

Personally I think it's important in MOST situations that the foreground be in focus. That's how we normally see things. If it's OOF, it confuses me and makes it difficult to look at comfortably. Of course if there is a specific object you want the view to see and have only that in focus, blurring the foreground can work really well.

With your image I think you've done about as well as can be done. If there is anyway to extend it on the right to get some space between the specular highlights of the water and the edge, that would be great. I suspect if you do that, the OOF foreground may begin to appear, but it might work with just a little OOF. Certainly worth a try.

Keep 'em coming!
Bob
Thanks Bob

bythewei

was this with the old 120/4 macro or the 'newer' Mk II 120/4 macro?

I'm trying to decide between the 120 and the 28, seeing that the 80 is perfect for portraits, but the 28 is just so perfect for landscapes and wider angles that I can't pull off with the 80.
Taken with the old macro.

The new macro, i'm told, offers better corners both wide open and stopped down.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Taken with the old macro.

The new macro, i'm told, offers better corners both wide open and stopped down.
Sometimes corner performance is over-rated -- and the Bokeh on that lens of yours is very pleasing. Great capture! :)

etrump

Stopped by the Babcock Mill on my way to the Northeast. Hopefully when I come back this way there will be some fall color. Looks at least a couple weeks out but some of the maples outside the park have already turned.

IQ180 HR32mm Stitched and Cropped:

tsjanik

Stopped by the Babcock Mill on my way to the Northeast. Hopefully when I come back this way there will be some fall color. Looks at least a couple weeks out but some of the maples outside the park have already turned.
Wonderful scene Ed. Many other great postings since I last visited. I liked your "birds" shot Bill; coincidentally, I am going through old slides (and have been for the past several years :eek:) and found this one. Pentax 67 with 500mm lens, Provia:

Tom

mvirtue

Seattle Museum of Flight with the youngest

Mamiya RZ67ProIID 110F2.8 Leaf Aptus-II 7

Took the RZ to the museum to work on reproducing the failure mode I am getting with the back :(

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Took the RZ to the museum to work on reproducing the failure mode I am getting with the back :(
Mark,

That would be a great pic even if taken with an iPhone. :thumbup:

Last edited:

ghoonk

Beautiful image! I have an RZ67 myself and have been quite enamored with the look of 6x7, and was wondering if shooting with an MFDB delivers the 645 look or the 67 look. What are your thoughts on this?

dick

H4D-40
HC 80mm f/2.8
I shouldn't mention it here, but I have resorted to a GH2 for no-flash (dance) studio pictures of dancers and gymnasts, mainly for my wife's website.

The H4D-40 is much better than my H4D-60, and it would be nice to have both...

A tech cam would be good for this shot?

I have used my H4D-60 for dancers with my 4 head studio flash system, and should be able to use it with my 4 head Metz system.

PS I have a diagnosis, and I am booked in for a Cardioversion on 6th October.

Status
Not open for further replies.