The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Ed, you must be a hillbilly with a trust fund. How can you visit so many great places in a year, for 'extended' periods of time, and tend to a gallery, too? I'm envious!
:ROTFL: Trust fund? I wish: more like 25 years in front of a computer monitor but that's a story for a different day.

Still raining here in New England:

S

Shelby Lewis

:ROTFL: Trust fund? I wish: more like 25 years in front of a computer monitor but that's a story for a different day.

Still raining here in New England:
And beautiful as always!

I get the strange impression (whether it is or not) that this is a crop from the righthand portion of an image... not sure why. Were there some abnormal shifts used on this. It's beautiful, but visually unsettling to me. Can't quite pinpoint it...

Maybe it's just the power lines on the left side adding a touch of imbalance... it's still lovely, however. :thumbup:

(oh... and thanks for the kind comments about my earlier portrait. I agree about the crop suggestion!)

etrump

No shifts Shelby, just a slight crop off top and bottom to get a 2:1 pano.

Not much to be done on the power lines. I would prefer they not be there but I was basically standing in the surf at the edge of the sea so there was no way to block them.

I'm glad it's unsettling, that was my intent with that perspective.

KeithL

Hi Derek

Many thanks.

Funny you should say that, everytime I look at this image I think Van Gogh's studio ;-)

Best

Keith

Jeffg53

Keith, as always with your work, I really like this image. One question, if I may, how would you print this, given that the windows are blown?

jecxz

Jeff, I think it was Freud who said, "Sometimes white is just white."

Kind regards,
Derek

Keith, as always with your work, I really like this image. One question, if I may, how would you print this, given that the windows are blown?

Jeffg53

I agree Derek, but paper isn't and a print that shows paper white normally looks like crap, or at least mine do. I might just learn something from the master here.

KeithL

Hi Jeff, yes, the windows were blown intentionally. I cleaned up the tiny remnants of detail that remained.

I understand your concern. I think this works on screen and in print because it reads as light rather than a solid white. The light bleeds around the frame distorting as it goes.

But yes, you're right this can be a problem.

etrump

The weather has finally cleared so we will be heading to the White Mountains of New Hampshire.

A photograph of Marshall Point lighthouse as the remnants of hurricane Ophelia were getting blown out by 35 MPH winds.

D

Deleted member 7792

The weather has finally cleared so we will be heading to the White Mountains of New Hampshire.

A photograph of Marshall Point lighthouse as the remnants of hurricane Ophelia were getting blown out by 35 MPH winds.

Ed,

Wonderful image of Marshall Point. Impressive DoF and this doesn't look like focus stacking. What lens were you using?

You should have great weather in the mountains, now that the storms have passed. Waiting to see some shots of the fall color.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.