The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

Love the Temple of Heaven. Two years ago I managed to shoot it with no people (very hard to do).

WWLee-All of your images are GREAT. Thanks for sharing.

Homeiss-Perfection.
With no people? Wow...that alone is an achievement...there were tons of people everywhere...and nobody cared if they were standing right in front of your lens/tripod.

Yes, agree that WWLee's images are nice. Thanks for sharing.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

A souvenir from my last photo trip in the USA (where I met a very busy Jack :) )

H4D50 HC 28 mm
Great shot from that stop Jerome! And sorry I was busy with my workshop folks and could not spend more time chatting, but it was great meeting you regardless!!!

tsjanik

Here's a shot I took as I left work today. I like the graphic quality, but not enough to really like the shot. I like it, but not quite there. Any comments?

Tom

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
The water in this pool is deep, but I'm gonna jump in.....!

Following are a few from NY State's Adirondacks about two weeks ago. The color up there wasn't so great this year, and I think I was about a week past peak colors, but these scenes were nice. Other folks' photos in this forum for other parts of the Northeast look more colorful than what I witnessed; Kudos to all, some gorgeous photos! Made me jealous, but inspired me, too!

www.williamlee.com
This is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

mediumcool

Here's a shot I took as I left work today. I like the graphic quality, but not enough to really like the shot. I like it, but not quite there. Any comments?

Tom
I think this might work better in mono, if you could pull out some shadow detail. I find it too harsh at the moment, and the colours too saturated.

Also, a second or so earlier would have had the walker’s shadow separated from the tree’s shadow. I know, I know! ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Tom
Tom,

Like Ed said, I'd crop it off the bottom to a square. Strong diagonals scream square to me. I'd also open up the shadows a bit as they're pretty black; and I also think it could use a touch more vignette, but that's me.

baudolino

Here's an image taken with a lens that I've grown to like more and more, since I sold it together with the Contax 645 system - the Zeiss 120 macro. Taken in a hotel garden in Marrakech some 18 months ago, the back was Sinar eMotion 75LV.

baudolino

Tom
As suggested already' I'd crop the bottom quarter but I would also lose the leftmost tree of which we see only a part. That way, the person will be in the "ideal spot" in the image (the golden section). I'd leave the image in color, I like the harsh contrast and the intense green of the grass; that's what makes the image work for me. Regards, Martin

baudolino

The "white town" of Ostuni, Puglia (Italy) sits on top of a hill, surrounded by olive orchards. I liked this composition, with the shadow of the tree in the foreground. The white houses were badly overexposed but here the medium format digital medium showed its incredible dynamic range, as I was able to salvage the image. Hy6 with eMotion 75LV, 80 mm lens.

tsjanik

Thanks to all for the comments. Cropped square is better! I prefer the saturated, deep shadows however. I need to repeat the shot with a better silhouette. Here’s a shot taken at the same time, plagued by reflections, where the the fiqure and trees have not been driven to black.

Tom

OliverM

The "white town" of Ostuni, Puglia (Italy) sits on top of a hill, surrounded by olive orchards. I liked this composition, with the shadow of the tree in the foreground. The white houses were badly overexposed but here the medium format digital medium showed its incredible dynamic range, as I was able to salvage the image. Hy6 with eMotion 75LV, 80 mm lens.

Very nice, it reminds me Moulay Idriss in Marocco (Alpa TC, Leaf 75s, 35mm, handheld)

baudolino

Very nice, it reminds me Moulay Idriss in Marocco (Alpa TC, Leaf 75s, 35mm, handheld)
Aaah, Morocco - the photographer's promised land! Very nice picture of Moulay Idriss. I plan to get back to Morocco sometime in the next year or two. So many sceneries to photograph there - here is a view of some interesting geology, from the Marrakech to Tizi'n'Tichka road. Contax 645, Zeiss 120 Apo Macro, eMotion 75LV

Status
Not open for further replies.