The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Cambo RS, SK72L, IQ180, 2 shot stitch.

Boxley Valley is arguably the most magical place in the state of Arkansas. The valley includes a number of family-operated farms, dating from 1870 and 1930. The farms are situated on either side of the road that parallels the Buffalo National River. Many of these farms are still operated by the descendants of the original homesteaders. There were around fifty homes in the valley when it was designated as a cultural and historic district in 1987. Of those only a couple dozen were inhabited so there are many vacant buildings in various states of disrepair.

The area is rich in scenic wonders in addition to the Buffalo National River. Numerous waterfalls, streams, caves, hiking trails and wilderness areas including a 35 foot waterfall inside one of the caves. On any given day, you might see cattle, elk, white-tail deer and trumpeter swans sharing the lush meadows and ponds in the small valley.

tsjanik

This is from an assignment for an international poetry festival. It was the first time I had the Pentax 645D in the studio--I use a Phase back and a technical camera in the studio. It was a lot of fun. The preview time was a little bit of a pain, but it also could keep up with my shot rate--I took about 160 images in 30 minutes of eight poets, not sports photography, but a lot faster than landscape. Except for some changes to color and conversion from the Pentax PEF RAW format, there is no PP to this image. The image is not cropped, but rather extended to give room for the text. The poster design is also mine. The final poster size is 7 feet.
Very nice. I'd love to see some others from the series. Is there a reason you use PEF rather than DNG?

Tom

Shashin

Very nice. I'd love to see some others from the series. Is there a reason you use PEF rather than DNG?

Tom
Tom, thanks. I have no real reason. The PEF is the default RAW format and I have not found a reason to change.

I will post a couple more from the series. They are very similar in that all of the poets are looking into the camera, except one. I like working with individual images, but I also like thinking in a series. Consistency is obviously important, but also putting in a slight twist.

But this is stuff from work. This thread is about fun (not that I don't have fun at work).

S

Shelby Lewis

Dan and Graham... lovely stuff!

Husband and Wife: A couple of orchestral string players... not really retouched yet.
RZ IID, Aptus II 6, 110/2.8

Cheers!
Shelby

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Been on Maui for the week. Having to process most of my IQ180 files in Lightroom ... C1 and the laptop just struggle a bit too much. Also until they fix the cursor bug local adjustments are nearly impossible. This one is shot at Secret Cove in the Makena area.

PhaseOne DF/IQ180, 75-150 lens at 125, 0.5 seconds at f/20, ISO 35

This is from the Bamboo Forest near Hana

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, 75-150 at 90mm, 2 secs at f/16, ISO 200

Finally got a palm tree sunset I like OK ...

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, 75-150 at 75mm, 8 sec at f/16, ISO 35

Last edited:

Grayhand

Some pictures from last Friday when I visited the nature reserve "Söderåsen", in southern Sweden.
AFDlll, P45 +, 35mm AF and 50 mm shift.

When I am outdoors, I have never met anyone else with a medium format camera.
Last Friday when I was coming out of the nature reserve, I met a man with a Hasselblad camera. We talked a little about the different photo views there.

Then I went towards the end of the reserve. During the walk, I met another 10 people or so with medium format cameras and digital backs.
In the end I had to ask two latecomers what it was all about really, a camera club or what?
Then they told me that it was an international workshop arranged by "better-moments" and with Hans Strand as instructor. The men I talked to was from Goecke and supported with medium format cameras and accessories.

So now I guess it will take at least 5 years before I meet someone else in the woods with a medium-format camera ...

Ray

etrump

Been on Maui for the week. Having to process most of my IQ180 files in Lightroom ... C1 and the laptop just struggle a bit too much. Also until they fix the cursor bug local adjustments are nearly impossible. This one is shot at Secret Cove in the Makena area.

PhaseOne DF/IQ180, 75-150 lens at 125, 0.5 seconds at f/20, ISO 35

This is from the Bamboo Forest near Hana

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, 75-150 at 90mm, 2 secs at f/16, ISO 200

Finally got a palm tree sunset I like OK ...

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, 75-150 at 75mm, 8 sec at f/16, ISO 35
Jaw droppers Wayne. The light on the bamboo is incredible and fantastic color in the palm silhouette image.

Grayhand

Thank you, Graham, and "Body", great that you liked the pictures.
There is something magical about certain deciduous forests in autumn, & special beech forests.
I think it's too little fall, and too much winter here in Sweden ...

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.