The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

carstenw

Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Thanks cmb and Don! It's been quite the ride.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Stuart, I got her to stand still for the two she was in, then asked her to stand behind me :) She is (or rather, was... now she is getting too camera-aware) a great subject, and we had a lot of fun setting up stuff for photos. (...)
Congrats, Carsten, with your newborn daughter !
Have you tried to put her big sister, Jana, on the other side of a camera ... :)
/Steen

T

thsinar

Also CONGRATULATIONS for your new born daughter: I know what it is, mine is now 7 months, but it feels like the first day, still.
:thumbs:

All the best to her (and to you),
Thierry

carstenw

Wow, err, thanks everyone :) Jana is actually not my daughter, but the daughter of my ex-girlfriend. We just have a great relationship (the daughter) and she visits me regularly.

Yep, it is interesting for sure, and we are lucky in that she is not that difficult. If she cries, something is wrong, and the list of possible items is short.

Anyway, I am distracting too much here. Back to photography!

J

jmvdigital

Awkard silence....

Lol, just kidding. Life happens... back to photography. :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Went up into the Yosemite high country yesterday. As we anticipated -- and why we did not schedule an Eastern Sierra Fall color workshop -- the color is poor this year. The air was clear and there were virtually no clouds, so the light was really too harsh by about 8:00. I found only a hint of color as shown in the last image. But I had a nice early morning drive and grabbed a few snaps:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Nice shots Jack. I especially like the middle shot. Some cool geometry going on there.

W

weinglas

...I mean, a new Sinar e54 LV now costs 6000 Euro! Amazing. ...
Hi Carsten,

first of all: congratulations to the birth of your daughter.
and then: Where do you get a Sinar-Back for that price?

Best regards,
Claus

Don Libby

Decided to take it easy and just chill in my easy chair this afternoon and see what C1 4.5 can or can’t do for my workflow. I took a image from last week’s Cambo test and opened it in 4.5 (currently just operating on my laptop). I opened the image in CS3 and tweaked it till what you see below – I never once saw or worked on the image in Bridge as I normally would have. I’m impressed. Now I need to see what it will do on my studio computer running 64 bit.

Jack – it’s a tossup between the first two images although the moon kinda wins in my opinion. Looks like you had the same type of sky we had last week at the North Rim; I think the technical term is something it sucked.

don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I think the technical term is something it sucked.[/FONT]
:ROTFL: Indeed... Clear blue skies are not the landscape photographer's dream...

BTW, nice capture there Don!

Cheers,

Don Libby

Jack – I learned a very long time ago that the worse the weather; the more it snow, rains, blows, etc., the better the photographic opportunities there are. I hate hot, flat boring skies as that will often times extend into the area that I want to capture.

Glad you liked the technical term!

don

I just noticed the clouds in the first image! You got to see more clouds than I did!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I just noticed the clouds in the first image! You got to see more clouds than I did!
Precisely why I posted that version along with the one of the moon :)

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Here's one from down the road in a little town called Cedarburg. Appropriately enough, overlooking Cedar Creek.

Kurt

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Nice shots Jack. I especially like the middle shot. Some cool geometry going on there.
Thanks Mike:

Here is a revised version using CS4's new "Content Aware Scaling" just for fun -- :ROTFL: :

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Kurt --- very nice!

Dale Allyn

Nice shots guys.

It's scary what PS does so automatically now. No image is to be trusted I guess. :)

I love the Yosemite high country, as well as other parts of the Sierras, but like Jack, I too found conditions less than ideal – very clear skies and few colors. Still, a great place to spend time.

Stuart Richardson

Hahaha, you guys should come here! More than enough rain, snow, and gales to keep anyone satisfied. Seriously though, there are many days when it is hard to drag yourself out to shoot -- dark, overcast, windy and cold. More often than not, instead of overcast it is sleeting or raining horizontally. They are days to work on your studio stuff! I guess everyone wants what they don't usually get....

This was taken two Januarys ago -- it is a pretty accurate representation of the light level at 9:30 in the morning.

It does not get THAT much brighter, particularly if it is cloudy.
By 1:30 pm or so, it looks like this:

And by 3:30 or so, back to this:

The dearth of light in the winter is repaid with 24 hours of light in the summer, and extremely long sunrise and sunset light for the rest of the year...the golden hour lasts all day in the early spring and fall.

Anyway, none of those were MF digital, but they were DMR, so Imacon...I guess that counts on a technicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.