The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeiR

I always use a tripod when practical, having lost too many shots over the years to camera shake; but, having said that, the 645D is very handholdable. Here's a shot I posted in the 645D thread: Handheld 400mm ! FA lens @1/500 s, ISO 800. Crop of unsharpened RAW file (other than mild ACR); no PP
Nice moment/shot .

gerald.d

What's amazing is how close I can get to the leaves from the tree and still has so much image integrity!
That's the beauty of multi-gigapixel images, although of course when you do zoom in that much, you can spot the stitching errors in this one (I did say it was only a test!) ;)

I'm going to be running off a 2m x 5m print of this at the weekend to see what it looks like on the page.

coulombic

That's the beauty of multi-gigapixel images, although of course when you do zoom in that much, you can spot the stitching errors in this one (I did say it was only a test!) ;)

I'm going to be running off a 2m x 5m print of this at the weekend to see what it looks like on the page.
What do you use to create your mosaics, if you don't mind my asking? For smaller composites (less than ten 80Mp images), I use Photoshop, as I find its blending/transformations much better than anything else. However, with very large composites, I customarily use Microsoft ICE.

gerald.d

What do you use to create your mosaics, if you don't mind my asking? For smaller composites (less than ten 80Mp images), I use Photoshop, as I find its blending/transformations much better than anything else. However, with very large composites, I customarily use Microsoft ICE.
Hi Gabe -

I use Kolor's Autopano Giga.

Regards,

Gerald.

Nathan W. Lediard

On my way home from the studio today I was greeted with this sight... sun streaming through the clouds, the saw mill pumping water over the logs.. low cloud.. green trees... even after a 4 hour shoot photographing a bunch of wild kindergarten kids, and studio shoot with a teenager plus several hours editing loads of jobs (busy as .... right now) I just had to stop and get this...

Hand held with the H4D-31 and 80mm (waiting for my H4D-40 to come back from getting the sensor fixed after some idiot dropped it on the beach...)
I have pumped it a bit in lightroom, mainly to try and convey what I saw and felt as I came around the corner in my little van... (that is my house on the left.. the yellow one)
No landscape expert... just fun :)

P. Chong

I was on-location covering the Concorso D'Eleganza della Vila D'Este...a premier vintage car show held annually in the Villa D'Este in the town of Cernobbio, Italy.

The winning car of the Jury Award and the Coppa Doro Best of Show, a 1933 Alfa Romeo 6c

A general view of the Concorso...3 panel stitch...major drool time for vintage car lovers...

See my blog for some pics of the magnificent cars in the event. All photographed with my H3D-39 and 50-110 lens.

Nathan W. Lediard

Summer is coming to Norway....
H4D-31 50-110 @ 90 + evening sun...
(still waiting for my 40 to come back from repair, but the 31 on loan to me has proved to be a very capable camera)

Nathan W. Lediard

From a "konfirmant" fotoshoot yesterday... Here in Norway it is very traditional with confirmation and photographs to send out as thankyou cards and to have on the wall...
I love it when I get a konfirmant that wants something different to the standard portraits... This young lady had seen some of my stuff on the dreaded but necessary facebook and her mum booked me :) Best advertising I DONT pay for :D

If this kinda shoot is not FUN then I dont know what is...

H4D-31 + 50-110 f16 1/800 second.... profoto lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.