The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryan Aqajani

do you see it as a great option to use in applications that need T/S adjustment???
So far, I have only used it with 180mm f/4.5 SB and have experienced benefits of having tilt/shift option for landscape/long exposure shots so I'd love to keep it and save more to get 75mm f/4.5 Sb lens as well. When I get that lens, I think I would just take these two lenses when I am going out to shoot long exposures!

Aryan Aqajani

I am not too sure about this one, however I post it here to get your opinion!?

480s exposure!
Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + 50mm f/4.5 ULD + Fuji Acros 100 in 1+50 Rodinal + Lee Big Stopper + Lee 0.9 ND filter

edouard

Great picture. I've dreamed about doing this same thing but using a Flexbody. Like I said, just dreaming. I want to see more like this please!
Eduardo
Flexbody! ... moving the body instead of moving the whole camera, good idea! I could just use rise and fall movements to get the up & down extra images...

Do the Zeiss lenses for Hasselblad V have an image circle large enough to "cover"/support such (small) rise and fall movements? ... ... in my case: yes, as I anyway use a 49x37mm crop sensor, it would be like just "scanning" different parts of the full 6x6 frame with my small sensor ... but focusing doesn't look easy with flexbody isn't it?

In fact I should use the tilt/shift adaptor ? (would be the same, just moving the lens instead of the back, still without moving the camera position on the tripod)

thanks for the great idea
(before that I was thinking of using "extension bars" to set the rotation center over the lens, like with pano photo ;-) to get rid of the stitch-images-with-different-perspectives problem)

Last edited:

edouard

Flexbody! ... moving the body instead of moving the whole camera, good idea! I could just use rise and fall movements to get the up & down extra images...

Do the Zeiss lenses for Hasselblad V have an image circle large enough to "cover"/support such (small) rise and fall movements? ... ... in my case: yes, as I anyway use a 49x37mm crop sensor, it would be like just "scanning" different parts of the full 6x6 frame with my small sensor ... but focusing doesn't look easy with flexbody isn't it?

In fact I should use the tilt/shift adaptor ? (would be the same, just moving the lens instead of the back, still without moving the camera position on the tripod)

(before that I was thinking of using "extension bars" to set the rotation center over the lens, like with pano photo ;-) to get rid of the stitch-images-with-different-perspectives problem)

in fact there is no tilt/shift adaptor for Hasselblad V !? (so flexbody is the only solution to make movements... or switch to a technical cam)

Last edited:

tsjanik

Lake Erie is at a very low water level; these rocks, likely washed down by an ice dam break as the glaciers receded have not been above water for many years.
645D, 200mm.

Aryan Aqajani

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Fuji Acros 100 in Rodinal 1+50 + Lee Big Stopper, Lee 0.9 ND + Lee 0.9 Grad ND

480s exposure! Mamiya 180mm f/4.5 SB with tilt/shift adapter

120s exposure!Mamiya 50mm f/4.5 ULD

Have a nice weekend everyone :)

Uaiomex

You're welcome "tocayo".
Back in the film days (when I could afford medium format photography) I played a lot with CF Hasselblad lenses on field cameras fitted with 6X9 roll film holders and even 4X5 sheet film.

If I recall well, all CF lenses project a circle a few mm's outside the 55X55mm square of the Hasselblad V film backs. All lenses, especially large format lenses increase usable image circle by stopping down. CF lenses not so much though. The CF40mm is the lens with the smallest circle barely covering the 55mm square.

I've never owned a Flexbody but after using view and field cameras I'm sure it's way easier. As a matter of fact, I used a Tachihara field camera fitted with a home-made back for the Hasselblad A12 backs. I bought a screen adapter fitted with an Acute-Matte. This adapters were meant to be used with Hasselblad's SWC cameras. I also bought the reflex finder for it. Even on the Tachihara, focusing was a breeze.

To use a Flexbody for stitching must be super awesome because you move the back up&down, not the lens. This is the safest way to avoid parallelism problems when photographing near and far objects in the same view. Since PS CS4, the Photomerge plug-in does a fantastic job avoiding parallelism problems by intrinsic cut-offs but sometimes all fails and you have to fix problems by hand.
A wet dream is a Flexbody with a Leaf 56X36 back to stitch 2 frames for fast, perfect and easy 56X56 squares! I know, it is a fetish, but so what?

Cheers
Eduardo

PS "tocayos" is a word in spanish for 2 or more people sharing the same first name.

Last edited:

jerome

Jérôme , no Rain this time ? Great Image .

I wanted to take some picture in the National Park in France (after all, that's not far from Lyon where I live), and I'm stopped by rain and snow !!!

(and a terrible pain in the back that stop me also, I don't dare to carry my heavy backpack !)

dick

High-Noon on the Alaska Range. If you've been there, you know the spot. :)

Cambo, P65+, 72L

Very nice.

This is the king of photograph that many people would want to print 8 feet wide - did you, or did you consider taking portrait shots for stitching?

The composition is great, but I would have wanted to take an alternative version in portrait orientation, including the pond, sky, biggest peak and what might be a glacier... using a 200mm or 300mm lens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.