The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
High-Noon on the Alaska Range. If you've been there, you know the spot. :)

Cambo, P65+, 72L

Mind-blowing image, that much is certain, but it's also kind of... "angry" for lack of a better word.
Don't take it as criticism, I think it belongs wall-size in a museum and I'd gladly come and look at it, but I personally wouldn't want something like this framed at home, the same way no one would hang a Van Gogh at home.

etrump

Mind-blowing image, that much is certain, but it's also kind of... "angry" for lack of a better word.
Don't take it as criticism, I think it belongs wall-size in a museum and I'd gladly come and look at it, but I personally wouldn't want something like this framed at home, the same way no one would hang a Van Gogh at home.
Not sure what you mean by "angry" but since this is "Fun with MF" and you mention Van Gogh, I just photographed this Van Gogh inspired sunflower painting by artist Rasa that uses oil as a medium for work that is as much a sculpture as it is a painting. She has a solo exhibition opening this evening in the Hilligoss Gallery on Chicago's Michigan Avenue.

We are trying to create the feel of her work photographed in gallery lighting and printed using my ultra-glossy, mirror mounted, luminescent technique.

So perhaps I WILL hang a Van Gogh in my home! :ROTFL:

I'd certainly hang a Van Gogh in my home if I could afford the insurance for it.

I suspect it could be an uncalibrated macbook monitor that makes it look angry, they do come off the shelf awfully saturated. The wonderful image doesn't look angry to me, it has more feeling of renewed energy, I'd not feel ashamed to have it in the same room as my Van Gogh.

Last edited:

etrump

I'm liking the new version of C1. The engine is so much better I have been going through a few old image folder playing with images from 5 years ago. The difference is incredible.

Here is an old P30+ image from the Devil's Garden.

Not sure what you mean by "angry" but since this is "Fun with MF" and you mention Van Gogh, I just photographed this Van Gogh inspired sunflower painting by artist Rasa that uses oil as a medium for work that is as much a sculpture as it is a painting. She has a solo exhibition opening this evening in the Hilligoss Gallery on Chicago's Michigan Avenue.
So perhaps I WILL hang a Van Gogh in my home! :ROTFL:
Yeah, I thought I worded that wrong, don't mind.

I agree about the monitor, I need to see it from the work one, which is actually calibrated. Can't wait to use latest C1 as well.

bahr

Arca f line test with h4d-50 back.

Really liking this camera but need advice on options which accept wider lenses like the 23mm.

thoughts and advice always welcomed. :)

Arca f line test with h4d-50 back.

Really liking this camera but need advice on options which accept wider lenses like the 23mm.

thoughts and advice always welcomed. :)

Nice to see an F-line user posting here! Very clean images, always difficult to get clear access for such shots plus bringing order from the chaos. I like these.

bahr

Nice to see an F-line user posting here! Very clean images, always difficult to get clear access for such shots plus bringing order from the chaos. I like these.
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words. It's actually a rented camera. I really like it but still need to consider other options. My last experience with view cameras were all with a very old cambo 4x5. It's amazing how small the arca is in comparison.

Pemihan

Dolmen from around 3200 BCE, Tustrup Stone Age Burial Grounds, Denmark.
The megalithic grave, which were built by Scandinavia's first agricultural society, belong to the oldest class of visible graves in Denmark. This type of burial was widespread during this period and represents a common European heritage.
This grave, almost 8 meters (26 feet) in diameter and more that 2 meters (6.5 feet) in height, is located on a plateau by a river valley which in the early Neolithic period was a fjord. Since then drops in sea level have retracted the coastline several miles to where it is today.

Mamiya AFDIII, DM22, Mamiya 50mm shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.