The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be at the salon de la photo in Paris this year. Let me know when you will be there.

Eric

Hi everyone !

After being selected by Profoto for Photokina in Köln, this series about a french farmer will be shown in Salon de la Photo in Paris, in the Profoto booth AND the Hasselblad booth ! It also has been selected for the september issue of Hasselblad Bulletin ! happy happy ! :):)

D

Deleted member 7792

Just before sunrise on Foothills Pkwy. in the Great Smoky Mountains

The WB may be way off, but you get the idea.

Joe

D&A

I can’t decide between two versions of an image, so I thought to ask the collective wisdom on this forum. The first image is a single exposure in portrait orientation; the second is a merge of two exposures, including the first which renders a landscape orientation. Everything is the image is horizontal and yet I seem to prefer the portrait version. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom QUOTE]

Tom,

I'm a bit late rendering my personal opinion. I spent some time viewing both, and can easily make a case for both orientations. The vertical composition emphasizes the sky and the horizontal, the water. I love following the meandering lines of the waters edge in the horizonatal image and this makes the landscape orientation feels a bit more relaxing. The portrait version is "bold" and more dynamic in my opinion. I'd love to see both printed larrge. Nice!

Dave (D&A)

Kevin Sink

Kevin, that's incredible. Never seen anything like it. Congrats on the capture.

Joe
Thanks Joe! A really cool place. As you went downstream the snow gradually arced further overhead until it became a true tunnel. Didn't feel like going in - lots of water streams from above dripping on my ARCA didn't seem like a good idea. Thanks for the feedback.

D

Deleted member 7792

A fall cliché from Townsend, TN. I'm a sucker for these scenes.

Joe

Some Shots for a jewelry designer in Paris. Denaive.

Can't explain how much I enjoy Capture One 7! It has made a huge difference in our work :)

P25+
35mm HC f3.5
HTS 1.5
Profoto Pro-8a

D

Deleted member 7792

Foggy (but not windy) day on the Roaring Fork Nature Trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Joe

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Sunset wasn't too spectacular tonight, but kind of like how this one turned out. Phase DF/IQ180 with Phase 28mm, .8 sec at f/20, ISO 35

Here's another one from a few nights ago when the vog was strong, 28mm, 1/13th at f/20, ISO 35

Last edited:

lkuhlmann

Shot at Monument Valley, with Jack and Chris. IQ180, 645DF+, SK 28 LS @ f/5.6 0.1sec, ISO 35.
And with a few tweaks in Capture One 7.
-Lionel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.