The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paratom

Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Mitchel- may I ask which back and which lens?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Congrats on the new outfit Mitchell!

tashley

Subscriber Member
One from today

Nice dramatic weather and light... St Ives, Cornwall.

Phamiya 645 with P45+ back and Mamiya 80mm F2.8 lens.

Tripod, cable release, MUP, 125/th second at f7.1 ISO 50.

Initial RAW conversion in C1 then PP in LR.

View attachment 9384

T

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Nice Tim! All you need is a palace at the tip of the rainbow!

;),

irakly

Re: One from today

Nice dramatic weather and light... St Ives, Cornwall.

Phamiya 645 with P45+ back and Mamiya 80mm F2.8 lens.

Tripod, cable release, MUP, 125/th second at f7.1 ISO 50.

Initial RAW conversion in C1 then PP in LR.

View attachment 9384

T
tim, you bought phamiya??? ewww! at least redeem yourself by getting a mamiya-hasselblad, or mamiya-c645 adaptor :ROTFL:
nice shot, btw. did you photoshop the little green lop-eared man with a bucket out?

J

jmvdigital

Tim-

Unless I missed it in the C1 vs. LR thread, I'm curious why you converted in C1 and then did pp in LR. I'm assuming you worked on a regularly processed TIF in LR (not the raw), but why? C1 will do 99% of what LR can do first, and then bring it into Photoshop to really finish it off. I wouldn't consider LR to be the ideal finishing PP workflow; it's a primary batch processor, just like C1. I would think that even after doing more tweaks in the C1>LR, that you'd need to pull it into PS to fine tune noise reduction, sharpening, and specialized local color adjustments.

-J

J

jmvdigital

Colorado foothills at its finest. Shot with P30+ with Mamiya 80mm D.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Nice Justin, I think that P30 is agreeing with you

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Wow Justin, gorgeous sunset!

jlm

Workshop Member

looks apocalyptic. good luck trying to use a neutral gray card for WB ;)

tashley

Subscriber Member

Tim-

Unless I missed it in the C1 vs. LR thread, I'm curious why you converted in C1 and then did pp in LR. I'm assuming you worked on a regularly processed TIF in LR (not the raw), but why? C1 will do 99% of what LR can do first, and then bring it into Photoshop to really finish it off. I wouldn't consider LR to be the ideal finishing PP workflow; it's a primary batch processor, just like C1. I would think that even after doing more tweaks in the C1>LR, that you'd need to pull it into PS to fine tune noise reduction, sharpening, and specialized local color adjustments.

-J
Hiya,

All my files end up in LR anyways, since it is my central filing system and at the heart of my backup system too. So I 'convert' P45+ files in C1, process them to 16bit TIFF and then import them into LR where I can make further adjustments in a non=destructive way that also keeps file size down. Specifically that photo of the sea with rainbow has a ND grad filter applied to the sky, and local area adjustments of saturation and contrast applied selectively elsewhere in a way that could have been done in Photoshop but would have taken longer, been less immediately easy to undo or adjust and created a larger file size!

There are many people - and I am clearly one of them - that believe that LR can be a one stop shop for most images. Try Michael Reichman's video tutorials. They're excellent.

Prior to LR2 I used to round-trip to PS for dodge, burn, a sharpen/upres/output sharpen routine and various other stuff. Now I do it all in LR2 and it is generally excellent at it.

Give it a go - it's really very good. It just doesn't know how to read Phase One's native TIFFs properly!

Best

Tim

emmawest72

Hi,

First image posts here.

Hassy 500 c/m , 80mm , Trix @ 800.

William

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Hiya,

All my files end up in LR anyways, since it is my central filing system and at the heart of my backup system too. So I 'convert' P45+ files in C1, process them to 16bit TIFF and then import them into LR where I can make further adjustments in a non=destructive way that also keeps file size down. Specifically that photo of the sea with rainbow has a ND grad filter applied to the sky, and local area adjustments of saturation and contrast applied selectively elsewhere in a way that could have been done in Photoshop but would have taken longer, been less immediately easy to undo or adjust and created a larger file size!

There are many people - and I am clearly one of them - that believe that LR can be a one stop shop for most images. Try Michael Reichman's video tutorials. They're excellent.

I'm with you Tim, - I love LR2 for everything EXCEPT raw conversion, where C1 does a vastly better job with Phase files. "Punch", grad filter, local adjustments, all shine in LR and can't be done in C1.

So I too produce the best 16 bit TIFF that I can in C1 then open it in LR for the local adjustments and, often, printing.

What we need is either LR with C1 raw conversion or C1 with LR2 local adjustments...

Bill

John Black

The Mamiya 150mm F3.5 AF @ F3.5. Some more here. The 150 looks be a nice lens, especially considering their bargain price on Ebay, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.