Site Sponsors
Page 548 of 555 FirstFirst ... 48 448 498 538 546 547 548 549 550 ... LastLast
Results 27,351 to 27,400 of 27725

Thread: Fun with MF images

  1. #27351
    Senior Member Ed Hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by ejpeiker View Post
    The center is very good and there's a little falloff into the corners but it's better than I expected and better than the 12mm f/2.8 coupled with the Laowa Medium Format converter - that combo has essentially the same optical formula but by eliminating the mount between converter and lens, the corners are more consistant with each other (at least with my lenses). I have basically only used the lens on one shoot so far but I did do a quick and dirty centering test and did not find any decentering and, as I said, the corner resolution falloff was better than I expected on the ISO test chart. It is much better, for example, than the Nikon 16-35 f/4 at 16mm on a D850. Hope that helps
    Thanks for that! Are you in a position to compare its performance with the Nikon 14-24 used at 14mm on a D850? For me, that's the key comparison because not only are the focal lengths (angles of view) more similar, but its also a stronger competitor... The 14-24 is superb at 14mm (by the standards of such systems).

  2. #27352
    Senior Member ejpeiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurst View Post
    Thanks for that! Are you in a position to compare its performance with the Nikon 14-24 used at 14mm on a D850? For me, that's the key comparison because not only are the focal lengths (angles of view) more similar, but its also a stronger competitor... The 14-24 is superb at 14mm (by the standards of such systems).
    I used to own that lens with a D810. The Nikon has a lot more linear distortion as that is it's weak point and the strength of pretty much all of the Laowa lenses. The 14-24 is probably a little bit sharper deep though into the corners.
    E.J. Peiker
    www.EJPhoto.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  3. #27353
    Senior Member ejpeiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurst View Post
    Thanks for that! Are you in a position to compare its performance with the Nikon 14-24 used at 14mm on a D850? For me, that's the key comparison because not only are the focal lengths (angles of view) more similar, but its also a stronger competitor... The 14-24 is superb at 14mm (by the standards of such systems).
    By the way Ed, one of the strengths of this lens is that it actually takes screw on filters. 86mm but I have some 95s from my Phase One days that I just step down to 86. It works well for a single filter but if I stack two it does vignette a bit.
    E.J. Peiker
    www.EJPhoto.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #27354
    Senior Member Ed Hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Interesting! However, as a Pentax 645Z user, it's not an option for me :-(

  5. #27355
    Senior Member Joe Colson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    36

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    Weardale...


    I really like this one Alan. Vertical composition, simple color palette, path leading to the tree(s) with yellow leaves remaining... Well done sir.

    Coincidentally, I just sold that lens because I couldn't get it to work with the X1D II using the Techart adapter. I'm glad it works for you using the 50S.

    Joe
    _________________________________
    Joe Colson Photography
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #27356
    Senior Member AlanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Thankyou for your kind words Joe, I had to shoot this as soon as I saw it!
    I am using a Viltrox adapter and it works fine (also autofocus and I.S. works fine with my 16-35 f4 canon lens!)
    Regards, Alan.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #27357
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurst View Post
    Interesting! However, as a Pentax 645Z user, it's not an option for me :-(
    .

    Yes, unfortunate for us 645D/Z users Ed. Even if there was an optical adapter that took into account flange to sensor/film plane distance differences between the Fuji GFX 50 and Pentax 645, these sorts of adapters generally cause degradation of the image beyond acceptability for most. I had tried a few of these adapters a number of years ago across 35mm systems and all were unacceptable in my opinion.

    Dave (D&A)
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #27358
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Finally getting some image processing wrapped up. Here’s a couple from the TX Hill Country in April. Both shot with P1 XF2/4150 & 40-80LS:



    Ed Cooley

    Visit My Website
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 34 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #27359
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    780

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    Cold and frosty this morning, but I did manage to find some colour....
    (Weardale)





    Beautiful Alan !! and that Tamron 90 SP 90 Macro (I guess its the new version - F017N ?) is doing really fine even on MF. I found it sharper than the 100/2 Zeiss Makro, so one shall not underestimate the Tamron 90 macro.
    It's encouraging to see your super-pictures with the Canon 24TSE too...
    so if i stumble over a tiny bag of money, a GFX-R with that equipment could be reasonable...hhmmm
    Which adapters do you use?
    KR thorkil
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #27360
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Return to Lauterbrunnen Valley https://djessemay.com/new-images.html

    Leica S, Super-Elmar-S 24
    Best regards,
    Jesse
    djessemay.com
    Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post

  11. #27361
    Senior Member AlanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Beautiful Alan !!
    Thanks Thorkil, much appreciated.
    The lens is the old Adaptall 2!!!!! (I put it on the pic border). It was a pleasant surprise to find it completely covered the sensor at any distance and is also really sharp in a relaxed sort of way. I am using a Viltrox a/f adapter which seems to work fine.

  12. #27362
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    780

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    Thanks Thorkil, much appreciated.
    The lens is the old Adaptall 2!!!!! (I put it on the pic border). It was a pleasant surprise to find it completely covered the sensor at any distance and is also really sharp in a relaxed sort of way. I am using a Viltrox a/f adapter which seems to work fine.
    Thanks Alan! Ok, I guess that mine new version also might do it, perhaps. And which adapter for the Canon 24 TSE ?
    The GFX-R is at campaign price, but unfortunately I have to hold my breath for still a while (or reestablish realistic common sense )

  13. #27363
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Rock AR
    Posts
    2,427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Fun with MF images

    [IMG]Clarendon Bridge final1 sunset L flat series wk 1 P0001133 Panorama by paul caldwell, on Flickr[/IMG]

    The last night of the Clarendon Bridge, Clarendon Arkansas. It was demolished the next morning. Sad to see this wonderful truss bridge destroyed for no reason other than politics.

    Taken with a IQ4 and Arca rm3di 32mm Rodie. 2 Frame averaged exposures. 2 minutes long each (15 second exposures)

    Paul C
    Paul Caldwell
    [email protected]
    www.photosofarkansas.com
    Likes 18 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #27364
    Senior Member AlanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    I am using a Viltrox a/f adapter which seems to work fine.
    See above.

  15. #27365
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    780

    Re: Fun with MF images

    For my Nikon F mount Tamron 90 and other Nikon F mount it seems like the only serious option will be Steelsring NK-F GFX auto focus adapter, almost as expensive as the Tamron 90 itself.
    And for Canon EF lenses either the Viltrox EF-GFX or the Techart EF-GFX adapter, neither of them are the offer of the day..
    Time will show if dreams come through..

  16. #27366
    Senior Member AlanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Waiting, river Wear...
    I can't believe how much river bank has been eroded the year!



    Regards, Alan.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #27367
    Senior Member vieri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Ginesio, Italy
    Posts
    1,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    4 minutes of Vestrahorn Sunrise

    After almost 8 months from my last visit, I am almost ready to go back to Iceland for about two weeks of photography there! Iceland is always beautiful, but in winter is truly amazing and I am very excited to be there again. Here's a shot from my last visit, taken at the amazing Vestrahorn mountain:



    236 seconds (almost 4 minutes) of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-HItech Firecrest Ultra filters.

    Thank you for viewing, best regards

    Vieri
    Last edited by vieri; 22nd November 2019 at 14:00.
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Formatt-Hitech Signature Artist | ABIPP EP
    WORKSHOPS | FINE ART PRINTS | PORTFOLIO | THE BLOG
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 33 Member(s) liked this post

  18. #27368
    Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Some interesting flora. Not, I suspect, native to Manhattan.

    GFX100, 32-64/4





    And then there's this. ISO 102400. Yes, that is a stupid number. And yet, I like the result.



    Matt
    Last edited by MGrayson; 22nd November 2019 at 18:54.
    Likes 18 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #27369
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    77

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Skeleton Tree

    Leica S
    Vario 30-90mm:
    Dave (GT)
    Likes 18 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #27370
    Senior Member Ed Hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Château de Chambord in the Loire Valley (completed in 1547).

    Pentax 645Z with 28-45mm f4.5 lens @ 33mm.

    [IMG]StarTrailsFromFilesIMGP7352-8710_VERSION3_Step8sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Ed Hurst, www.spiffingpics.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 23 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #27371
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Lines


    MMFC4390 by jean-luc cochy, sur Flickr


    MMFC4407 by jean-luc cochy, sur Flickr



    Mamiya ZD and Mamiya 105-210 mm .
    Likes 36 Member(s) liked this post

  22. #27372
    Senior Member AlanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Teesdale, 3 vertical image stitch...



    Regards, Alan.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #27373
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Central park panoramic everyone photographs (for good reason, it’s luscious!).

    Been here three times and these lights never seem to be working.

    XF2/IQ4150/40-80LS:

    Ed Cooley

    Visit My Website
    Likes 30 Member(s) liked this post

  24. #27374
    Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Central park panoramic everyone photographs (for good reason, it’s luscious!).

    Been here three times and these lights never seem to be working.

    XF2/IQ4150/40-80LS:
    Lovely, Ed.

    Multi-shot to remove people? 5AM? There's NEVER no one there - except sometimes during a snowstorm. But then the photographers come out and make tracks everywhere.

    Matt
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  25. #27375
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Saugeen Peninsula, Ontario
    Posts
    2,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    331

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Bottle Cove, Newfoundland, XF/150/80.

    Bill CB

    www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #27376
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    5-5:30 and there was a ghost or two. I took a few shots and blended them.

    😁
    Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    Lovely, Ed.

    Multi-shot to remove people? 5AM? There's NEVER no one there - except sometimes during a snowstorm. But then the photographers come out and make tracks everywhere.

    Matt
    Ed Cooley

    Visit My Website
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #27377
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    498
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    First image from my Smoky Mountains shoot. Lots of new interesting work. Just need to find some time to look at it all. The day we arrived in the park, there was a wind storm with winds approaching hurricane force. It was kind of a blessing in disguise. It allowed me to photograph the trees with a bit more structure as compared to a wall of colour. I prefer to see the structure of the trees. I had two weeks of shooting and managed to get fortunate with some days with fog and some with snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E51052EA-C9F0-4494-A2C5-A3C826136CB3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	781.3 KB 
ID:	145483  
    www.friedmanphoto.com
    Likes 36 Member(s) liked this post

  28. #27378
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenfr View Post
    First image from my Smoky Mountains shoot. Lots of new interesting work. Just need to find some time to look at it all. The day we arrived in the park, there was a wind storm with winds approaching hurricane force. It was kind of a blessing in disguise. It allowed me to photograph the trees with a bit more structure as compared to a wall of colour. I prefer to see the structure of the trees. I had two weeks of shooting and managed to get fortunate with some days with fog and some with snow.
    Steven, been anxiously waiting to see your series from GSMNP!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  29. #27379
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    498
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Thanks Greg. I am pretty pleased with what I got. To bad you missed out. It was a challenge with the wind storm and the sunny days. The fog and snow days made up for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Haag View Post
    Steven, been anxiously waiting to see your series from GSMNP!
    www.friedmanphoto.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  30. #27380
    Senior Member ndwgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    A nothing picture really but it was processed in Photoshop for iPad. First of all photoshop for iPad can’t unbelievably process RAW files (this is a H6D100c Raw file) so first of all I had to open it in Lightroom and make the initial adjustments then finish it off in photoshop.
    Hopefully photoshop for iPad will add that RAW feature in the future as I enjoy the mobile iPad workflow.

    Neil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EED4074E-58E7-456E-A2CA-2C9A506B52D5.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	145495  
    My all NEW Website can be seen HERE
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  31. #27381
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    "Elements of Autumn" (#1). Rockbridge County, Virginia.
    Pentax 645Z: FA 200mm.

    Dave (D&A)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_IMG0804 for web.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	932.2 KB 
ID:	145519  
    Last edited by D&A; 24th November 2019 at 01:25.
    Likes 24 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #27382
    Senior Member Ed Hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    So, following yesterday's entirely genuine post, let me follow up with something rare for me - something where I have done significant Photoshop 'playing' to produce something substantially different from what was...

    First, a little explaining. This château is lit up until 2am a variety of garish and ever-changing colours. This means that taking back-to-back shots and stacking them for star trails leads to some rather odd effects. In the sky and on the building, I was able to minimise this through a combination of colour balance, curves and the like - and, in the case of the building, overlaying a single frame with nice lighting. But, in the water area, the movement of the surface (with its consequent scattering of the light) meant that the colours and patterns were all over the place - in a way that interfered with the reflected star trails. So there was no way in which I could get rid of the messy lighting effect and still have genuine reflected trails. Well, apart from re-starting my shoot at 2am - which, on this occasion, I couldn't do.

    So, with the picture posted yesterday, I simply accepted I wasn't going to have reflected trails - and used the static shot for that area too. This absence of star reflections often happens anyway with water in motion, when the reflections aren't distinct enough to show up. So it looks convincing. But, being an obsessive, it bothered me! So, I set out to create the reflected scene as well as I could.

    And this is what you see here...

    [IMG]StarTrailsFromFilesIMGP7352-8710_VERSION2_Step12sRGBCropSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

    By the way, for anyone who doubts that reflected star trails really happen, take a look at these shots. There's no jiggery pokery here - it's entirely genuine:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...in/dateposted/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...7632566383126/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...7632566383126/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...7632566383126/
    Ed Hurst, www.spiffingpics.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 16 Member(s) liked this post

  33. #27383
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    2,706
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1254

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Hi Ed,

    It's a fantastic captured. Just amazing!!!
    Your talent, passion and dedication are very inspirational.
    Congratulations!!!

    Best,

    Pramote


    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurst View Post
    So, following yesterday's entirely genuine post, let me follow up with something rare for me - something where I have done significant Photoshop 'playing' to produce something substantially different from what was...

    First, a little explaining. This château is lit up until 2am a variety of garish and ever-changing colours. This means that taking back-to-back shots and stacking them for star trails leads to some rather odd effects. In the sky and on the building, I was able to minimise this through a combination of colour balance, curves and the like - and, in the case of the building, overlaying a single frame with nice lighting. But, in the water area, the movement of the surface (with its consequent scattering of the light) meant that the colours and patterns were all over the place - in a way that interfered with the reflected star trails. So there was no way in which I could get rid of the messy lighting effect and still have genuine reflected trails. Well, apart from re-starting my shoot at 2am - which, on this occasion, I couldn't do.

    So, with the picture posted yesterday, I simply accepted I wasn't going to have reflected trails - and used the static shot for that area too. This absence of star reflections often happens anyway with water in motion, when the reflections aren't distinct enough to show up. So it looks convincing. But, being an obsessive, it bothered me! So, I set out to create the reflected scene as well as I could.

    And this is what you see here...

    [IMG]StarTrailsFromFilesIMGP7352-8710_VERSION2_Step12sRGBCropSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

    By the way, for anyone who doubts that reflected star trails really happen, take a look at these shots. There's no jiggery pokery here - it's entirely genuine:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...in/dateposted/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...7632566383126/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...7632566383126/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...7632566383126/
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  34. #27384
    Senior Member Joe Colson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    36

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurst View Post
    So, following yesterday's entirely genuine post, let me follow up with something rare for me - something where I have done significant Photoshop 'playing' to produce something substantially different from what was...

    First, a little explaining. This château is lit up until 2am a variety of garish and ever-changing colours. This means that taking back-to-back shots and stacking them for star trails leads to some rather odd effects. In the sky and on the building, I was able to minimise this through a combination of colour balance, curves and the like - and, in the case of the building, overlaying a single frame with nice lighting. But, in the water area, the movement of the surface (with its consequent scattering of the light) meant that the colours and patterns were all over the place - in a way that interfered with the reflected star trails. So there was no way in which I could get rid of the messy lighting effect and still have genuine reflected trails. Well, apart from re-starting my shoot at 2am - which, on this occasion, I couldn't do.

    So, with the picture posted yesterday, I simply accepted I wasn't going to have reflected trails - and used the static shot for that area too. This absence of star reflections often happens anyway with water in motion, when the reflections aren't distinct enough to show up. So it looks convincing. But, being an obsessive, it bothered me! So, I set out to create the reflected scene as well as I could.

    And this is what you see here...

    [IMG]StarTrailsFromFilesIMGP7352-8710_VERSION2_Step12sRGBCropSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

    By the way, for anyone who doubts that reflected star trails really happen, take a look at these shots. There's no jiggery pokery here - it's entirely genuine:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...in/dateposted/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...7632566383126/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...7632566383126/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/160639...7632566383126/
    You had me at "jiggery pokery".

    Ed, you're a master at night sky photography and night photography in general. Pramote nailed it - talent, passion and dedication. Congratulations and thank you for sharing your inspirational work with the rest of us (who are still asleep).

    Joe
    _________________________________
    Joe Colson Photography
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #27385
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    522
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    You had me at "jiggery pokery".

    Ed, you're a master at night sky photography and night photography in general. Pramote nailed it - talent, passion and dedication. Congratulations and thank you for sharing your inspirational work with the rest of us (who are still asleep).

    Joe
    Hi Joe,

    Always fun to read your posts and I hope the year has been good to you and your family. I do want to ask you what "jiggery pokery" means. Is that some kind of Southern jargon? Have a great Thanksgiving!

    Marty
    http://www.martinfeldmanphotography.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  36. #27386
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    Central park panoramic everyone photographs (for good reason, it’s luscious!).

    Been here three times and these lights never seem to be working.

    XF2/IQ4150/40-80LS:

    Beautiful image Ed!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  37. #27387
    Senior Member Ed Hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Thanks so much, guys! All i can say is right back at you - your work inspires me!

    On the phrase "jiggery pokery", to my knowledge it's a British expression (certainly used widely there, where I grew up and currently live). It means sort of cunning or manipulative antics that might lead to misleading others, while also implying some ingenuity. The playfulness of its tone means it can refer both to serious such actions and more lighthearted occasions, of the "ooh, you are naughty, aren't you dear!" kind...
    Ed Hurst, www.spiffingpics.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  38. #27388
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    S007 w S120
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L1006366-2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	846.0 KB 
ID:	145573  
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  39. #27389
    Senior Member drunkenspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurst View Post
    So, following yesterday's entirely genuine post, let me follow up with something rare for me - something where I have done significant Photoshop 'playing' to produce something substantially different from what was...

    First, a little explaining. This château is lit up until 2am a variety of garish and ever-changing colours. This means that taking back-to-back shots and stacking them for star trails leads to some rather odd effects. In the sky and on the building, I was able to minimise this through a combination of colour balance, curves and the like - and, in the case of the building, overlaying a single frame with nice lighting. But, in the water area, the movement of the surface (with its consequent scattering of the light) meant that the colours and patterns were all over the place - in a way that interfered with the reflected star trails. So there was no way in which I could get rid of the messy lighting effect and still have genuine reflected trails. Well, apart from re-starting my shoot at 2am - which, on this occasion, I couldn't do.

    So, with the picture posted yesterday, I simply accepted I wasn't going to have reflected trails - and used the static shot for that area too. This absence of star reflections often happens anyway with water in motion, when the reflections aren't distinct enough to show up. So it looks convincing. But, being an obsessive, it bothered me! So, I set out to create the reflected scene as well as I could.
    Wow. Amazing Ed.

  40. #27390
    Senior Member drunkenspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 4 minutes of Vestrahorn Sunrise

    Quote Originally Posted by vieri View Post
    After almost 8 months from my last visit, I am almost ready to go back to Iceland for about two weeks of photography there! Iceland is always beautiful, but in winter is truly amazing and I am very excited to be there again. Here's a shot from my last visit, taken at the amazing Vestrahorn mountain:



    236 seconds (almost 4 minutes) of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-HItech Firecrest Ultra filters.

    Thank you for viewing, best regards

    Vieri
    Beautiful Vieri. Can't wait!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  41. #27391
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Thank you Greg!

    Like most of my images it took 3 or 4 trips to the city to get the conditions I was looking for. Now maybe an autumn version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Haag View Post
    Beautiful image Ed!
    Ed Cooley

    Visit My Website
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  42. #27392
    Senior Member drunkenspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Back to the Empire State Plaza. The Corning Erastus Tower & Egg. Three image vertical stitch, plus crop for detail [such as GetDPI shows].

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ErastmusEgg_Panorama-3-FrameShop.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	257.1 KB 
ID:	145580

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ErastmusEgg_Panorama-3Crop-FrameShop.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	568.3 KB 
ID:	145581

    X1D v1 | Nikon 19PC | f/4 | 1/20-1.3s | ISO 100
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 35 Member(s) liked this post

  43. #27393
    Senior Member drunkenspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by etrump View Post
    5-5:30 and there was a ghost or two. I took a few shots and blended them.

    😁
    Dawn is such a great time to shoot there. Love the image.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  44. #27394
    Senior Member AlanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Teesdale...



    Regards, Alan.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Likes 22 Member(s) liked this post

  45. #27395
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenspyder View Post
    Back to the Empire State Plaza. The Corning Erastus Tower & Egg. Three image vertical stitch, plus crop for detail [such as GetDPI shows].

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ErastmusEgg_Panorama-3-FrameShop.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	257.1 KB 
ID:	145580

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ErastmusEgg_Panorama-3Crop-FrameShop.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	568.3 KB 
ID:	145581

    X1D v1 | Nikon 19PC | f/4 | 1/20-1.3s | ISO 100
    That is a stunning image!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  46. #27396
    Senior Member drunkenspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Haag View Post
    That is a stunning image!
    Thanks Greg!

    Greg

  47. #27397
    Senior Member Ed Hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    Teesdale...
    Tasty, Alan!
    Ed Hurst, www.spiffingpics.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  48. #27398
    Senior Member Ed Hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenspyder View Post
    Back to the Empire State Plaza. The Corning Erastus Tower & Egg. Three image vertical stitch, plus crop for detail [such as GetDPI shows].

    X1D v1 | Nikon 19PC | f/4 | 1/20-1.3s | ISO 100
    Stunning picture! I hope you don't mind the query, but is the halo around the building intentional?

  49. #27399
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with MF images

    Name:  Helsinki.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  129.4 KB
    Helsinki - more or less a test shot for my new CFE 40mm IF. Still learning with this lens.

    Hasselblad 500CM, CFE 40mm IF, P45+, Stitch of 2 images.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  50. #27400
    Senior Member vieri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Ginesio, Italy
    Posts
    1,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 4 minutes of Vestrahorn Sunrise

    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenspyder View Post
    Beautiful Vieri. Can't wait!
    Thank you very much Greg! I got here today for a few days of personal work, and I am looking forward to meeting you & the group soon!

    Best regards,

    Vieri
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Formatt-Hitech Signature Artist | ABIPP EP
    WORKSHOPS | FINE ART PRINTS | PORTFOLIO | THE BLOG

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •