The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Dang, those look good Guy --- really nice lighting!

How fast do they go? :ROTFL:

JimCollum

The Turkey Sessions :)

(our Thanksgiving)

Aptus 75s, Mamiya 645 & Zeiss 110/2

Last edited:

airbrushing will come later
Guy,

Apart from the 3rd photo having smudges on the windscreen, and light reflections on the wet wheels, what else would you be looking to airbrush? These look pretty good to me.

Paratom

Jim,
these are fun. Great!
Grüße, Tom

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Guy,

Apart from the 3rd photo having smudges on the windscreen, and light reflections on the wet wheels, what else would you be looking to airbrush? These look pretty good to me.
Mostly just the tires with green grass. I used my Ranger with a Mola Demi Beauty dish in all of them for fill. BTW the ranger is great in situations like this . I put the pack right on the wet grass every time, can't say that about my feet though. jack they fly like 55mph for the gas ones. They are street legal and you need a golf cart license. Mostly used in retirement communities which Arizona is a big senior citizen state, have to be nice to those folks , I'm almost there. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Jim great series. Love grandma

Just a couple more of the golf shots before i head out for a couple days to meet up with Jack to test the new Phase P65. Just wanted to add how much i really enjoy shooting MF now. Clients just love it and for me it gets me back to my roots . Spent many years shooting Hassy V with film

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Jim, *LOVE* the informal family shots! The first group and the grandma are phenomenal!

Paratom

I allways wondered why one would not use the own feet to move on a golf course. Nice images though.
Regards, Tom

J

jmvdigital

Shot these the other night, but can't decide which composition I like better. They both have their merits I suppose. Same building in each, just a minutes apart, but the sky color changed.

Mitchell

Justine,

I think the second is much simpler, and stronger. I find the out of focus foreground, and the trees partly out of the frame distracting in the first, whereas the second is at rest which seems like the mood of the scene. Thanks for showing.

Best,

Mitchell

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Too cute -- enjoy those years, they grow up fast :)

carstenw

Gorgeous shot, Tom. Nice skin tones. Did you do anything special? So, how are you enjoying the system? What will you do with the Mamiya ZD?

Paratom

Gorgeous shot, Tom. Nice skin tones. Did you do anything special? So, how are you enjoying the system? What will you do with the Mamiya ZD?
Hi Carsten,
it took me a little time to understand the concept of the Hy6 and even a little more time to get the exposure-software doing what I wanted it to do (I use PC and the software for PC is just being released these days).
However I feel confident that this system fits me. I like the feel of the camera, the viewfinder is really nice and I like the rotating back. I also like the more mechincal user interace of the camera. Everything (body+lenses) feels solid and for a meccnical engineer (thats what I am) its a joy.

Frankly I think I will keep the ZD for some time. Its very different from the Hy6 system and for some occasions it might be the better system (because of its smaller size, weight and because one would draw less attention with it).
However if after some months I feel I would not use it any more I will sell it.
I am also interested in some side by side comparions with the Sinar back and Rollei lenses. I got it for a price where I think I will not loose much money if I hold it for some time.

Now I wait for some good light to get the Hy6 and my 3 lenses running.
Cheers, Tom

Guy Mancuso

Nothing better than a first post with a new system of a cute kid. Enjoy both of them. LOL

Paratom

Thanks.
By the way: which other kid in the age of 10 month knows the difference of the shutter sound between a M8 and a M8.2 and a Nikon and a Hy6. Poor little victim. Maybe we should get a cat to protect Anna from me.
Tom

carstenw

So, I guess she prefers the M8.2? ;) I will find out sometime what my daughter prefers (right now she is just 11 weeks old, and knows the sound of the M8), but the 54LV is still some time away for me. Maybe once I am moved (looking for a new apartment), it will be time to look at it again.

Guy Mancuso

Just playing around with some P25 images and trying a few things in C1.

Status
Not open for further replies.