The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayhand

I travel from south of the Netherlands to Narvik in the north of Norway, and all of Sweden in between.
Always by car because of all the equipment I bring with me.
So I pass a lot of interesting places for a landscape photographer.
But I have become almost obsessed by a bloody bush at the edge of the Omberg nature reserve :eek:

At the end of this month I will travel to Kiruna in the extreme north of Sweden and, if the roads are open, continue to Narvik.
Lots of beautiful views in the mountains. But the week before that I will go south on a quick job and pass Omberg and the bush.
And all my thinking is about the bush and nothing for the trip north...

I want a photo of it in snow, and a autumn photo with mist, and a summer photo with more sun and...

Take warning kids, stay well away from small bushes :lecture:

Ray

(All with AFDlll and P45+ and some lenses)

Last edited:

Bildifokus

Some time the process of taking a photo is quite comfortable for a landscape photographer.
This one is out of my hotel window :D
I have seen this tree on a number of visits to this hotel, but this time I also had some background in the sky that made the photo wort taking.

AFDlll, 210mm/F4 AF, P45+

Scandic Segevång, Malmö, South of Sweden.

A beautiful photo from my hometown Malmö! :thumbup:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I travel from south of the Netherlands to Narvik in the north of Norway, and all of Sweden in between.
Always by care because of all the equipment I bring with me.
But I have become almost obsessed by a bloody bush at the edge of the Omberg nature reserve :eek:

At the end of this mount I will travel to Kiruna in the extreme north of Sweden and, if the roads are open, continue to Narvik.
Lots of beautiful views in the mountains. But the week before that I will go south on a quick job and pass Omberg and the bush.

I want a photo of it in snow, and a autumn photo with mist, and a summer photo with more sun and...

Ray

Disregarding the sequence of the images , this reminds me of VIVALDI's
"The Four Seasons" which I love very much .
Very well done . :thumbs:

D&A

H4D200MS with the 100mm/2.2, F=2.2
As a period piece (photograph), she looks like she just walked off the set of Les Miserables. I say that fully as a complement to both the photographer and model. Nicely done!

Dave (D&A)

rem

Another one withe the H4D200MS and the 100/2.2 full open at 2.2. Not sure I like it or not (one Eye is to dominant?). rem

Ben Rubinstein

Not sure it works, noticed it on the other picture as well. Not sure why, I'm a one eye in focus wide open shooter by nature but here, perhaps due to the lighting, or the contrast, seems rather out of place.

D

Deleted member 7792

Death Valley with the Leica S

A few from Death Valley with the Leica S. EXIF info in each frame.

The lens for the first image was the 180mm. Thanks for looking.

D

Deleted member 7792

Re: Death Valley with the Leica S

Incredible Joe! :thumbs:

Love them all but this is my favorite.
Thanks Ed. Here are three more from the trip. I love Death Valley, but damn, it's a long way from NC. We had all kinds of weather - rain, sand storm, cold, heat - which made the trip even more fun photographically.

I like the way the distant mountain pokes through the cloud layer on this one.

Moonset at sunrise.

The Leica S files are very malleable. This is from one exposure and the interior of the building was completely dark (except for the light through the bullet holes).

Thanks for looking.

D&A

Thanks Ed. Here are three more from the trip. I love Death Valley, but damn, it's a long way from NC. We had all kinds of weather - rain, sand storm, cold, heat - which made the trip even more fun photographically.

Moonset at sunrise.

QUOTE]

Joe, stunning images....all of them but this one so far may be my favorite....in addition to the one Ed pointed out in his post above. Love how you handled the exposure vis-a-via the exisiting available light, balancing out both of them perfectly to achieve a most effective exposure and of course a truly stunning image!!

P.S....Joe, I just noticed your 1st shot of Aguereberry Point regarding the lens detail info....it says "Lens Unavailable". Does that mean you got the shot with "Body Only"? Wow, that Leica S is amazing....LOL! (you know me, I couldn't resist!)

Dave (D&A)

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Always by car because of all the equipment I bring with me.

At the end of this month I will travel to Kiruna in the extreme north of Sweden and, if the roads are open, continue to Narvik.

Ray

Truly amazing Ray!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Pramote

D

Deleted member 7792

Joe, stunning images....all of them but this one so far may be my favorite....in addition to the one Ed pointed out in his post above. Love how you handled the exposure vis-a-via the exisiting available light, balancing out both of them perfectly to achieve a most effective exposure. Stunning!

Dave (D&A)
Thanks Dave. Death Valley is truly surreal. We (David Duffin, Ron Basinger and I) scheduled the trip around the full moon. Fortunately, we had one moonset that was not obscured by clouds. Good karma.

The dynamic range of the S is amazing. But it does need a lens! In the case of Aguereberry Point, it was the 180mm. :D

Joe

D&A

Thanks Dave. Death Valley is truly surreal. We (David Duffin, Ron Basinger and I) scheduled the trip around the full moon. Fortunately, we had one moonset that was not obscured by clouds. Good karma.

The dynamic range of the S is amazing.

Joe
Good Karma indeed! The God's "and more" were definitely looking down on all of you :). All it takes is that one fleeting moment and great timing to capture an unforgetable image. As for the DR of the "S"....obviously it's of tremendous benefit in lighting situations such as this one (the image I was pointing out). Looking forward to seeing more. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D

Deleted member 7792

...But I have become almost obsessed by a bloody bush at the edge of the Omberg nature reserve :eek:

Ray

Excellent series Ray. I love it!!

Joe

D&A

Excellent series Ray. I love it!!

Joe
+1! I love to see a photographically documented series of a subject as it and the surrounding enviorment changes during the four primarily seasons. In this regard, many have a favorite subject they focus on thoughout the year. For me, I affectionately call my subject "Shed on the Hill". Ray, I can identify with the obsession :). Lovely series!

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.