The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

rem

From a Shoot yesterday for a magasin with my new H4D-50 and 100mm/2.2.
ISO 400 1/15 F8 out of Cam in LRç. I'm happy with the low noise.

Grayhand

Big Sur, CA
Hasseblad H4D-40/ HCD 35-90mm at 75mm/Lee Big Stopper/ Lee 0.6 GND/Lee CPL
It let me in some way travel together with that person and se a slice of the world just as that person chose to present it.
But I am not interested in any "forensic" fingerprint of the moment.
For me, it is the interpreted moment that is of interest.
It also adds an extra dimension to see some ones interpretation of an landscape that I really don't have any personal relationship with.
Then I can see the landscape as it is presented to me with out my own preferences blocking the view.
One such landscape is the different landscapes of the United States.

And Pramote is a presenter and interpreter of that landscape I have been following here on getdpi.
It is a bold paler that is used to color in his brushstrokes on the canvas in most of the pictures I see here.

This picture is a good example for me of Pramotes use of composition and palett.

The colorful field in the lower third of this picture shapes a green and yellow rectangle that the whole picture rest on.
And the two elongated triangels that is built up of sky and the mountain/hill shapes the top rectangle that anchors the top third.
Thous two parts communicate by and harmonizing pallet over the dynamic middle third of this picture.
They are two still parts that frames the dynamic middle part, a dynamic part that show a frozen slice of stretched time and action in the sea.
Also check out the balance between the right and left side of the middle third, the balance between the dark sea and the colorful spot on the small peninsula.

This picture is for me the essence of Promotes pictures of the US.

Ray

Grayhand

Same but not stitched.

Another photographer I follow with interest is Woody Campbell
There is a completely different choice of palette and landscape.
For me mostly a gray/black palette in a cityscape type of landscape.
And this is presented in a intriging and often abstract way.
Many times I feel like I am presented with a slice of a city of steel.

But there is also glimmer of colors, and people in an intimate landscape of them self or in close vicinity of others.

And his pictures are so totally different from my own choose of style and selection of objects.
So it is like I am being led into scenes that in many way are alien to me and that I not always understand but I never find boring but often vitalizing to my own way of seeing..

So I let this picture represent the feeling Woodys pictures often evoke in me.
A knife edge of sharpness in the left lower corner and the rest fades of in to the distance. A distance of man made structure.
Except for a thin slice of nature.
And don't ask me why I choose a almost totally soft cityscape when many of Woddys are tack sharp.
But that how it is with the hidden choice of the unconscious mind, it mostly stays hidden from the conscious parts…

So I just lean back and wait for more.
And I know that I will not be disappointed :)

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I find it interesting to follow a photographers different pictures presented over time.
It let me in some way travel together with that person and se a slice of the world just as that person chose to present it.
But I am not interested in any "forensic" fingerprint of the moment.
For me, it is the interpreted moment that is of interest.
It also adds an extra dimension to see some ones interpretation of an landscape that I really don't have any personal relationship with.
Then I can see the landscape as it is presented to me with out my own preferences blocking the view.
One such landscape is the different landscapes of the United States.

And Pramote is a presenter and interpreter of that landscape I have been following here on getdpi.
It is a bold paler that is used to color in his brushstrokes on the canvas in most of the pictures I see here.

This picture is a good example for me of Pramotes use of composition and palett.

The colorful field in the lower third of this picture shapes a green and yellow rectangle that the whole picture rest on.
And the two elongated triangels that is built up of sky and the mountain/hill shapes the top rectangle that anchors the top third.
Thous two parts communicate by and harmonizing pallet over the dynamic middle third of this picture.
They are two still parts that frames the dynamic middle part, a dynamic part that show a frozen slice of stretched time and action in the sea.
Also check out the balance between the right and left side of the middle third, the balance between the dark sea and the colorful spot on the small peninsula.

This picture is for me the essence of Promotes pictures of the US.

Ray
Thanks very much Ray! I am honored. Pramote

D&A

Big Sur, CA
Hasseblad H4D-40/ HCD 35-90mm at 75mm/Lee Big Stopper/ Lee 0.6 GND/Lee CPL
The palette, hues and variety of textures as well as the compositional arrangement of the three primary elements within the frame, lead to a very attractive, unique and successful capture of this well known landscape. Almost pastel like in presentation. Lovely!

Dave (D&A)

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
The palette, hues and variety of textures as well as the compositional arrangement of the three primary elements within the frame, lead to a very attractive, unique and successful capture of this well known landscape. Almost pastel like in presentation. Lovely!

Dave (D&A)
Dave...Thanks very much for your kind words! Pramote

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Golden Canyon Rd, Golden, CO
Phase One IQ 180; Phase One DF; Mamiya 300 mm f/4.5 (my favorite underrated lens); Stitching
I drove to the Golden Gate Canyon State Park this morning but didn't make it before sunrise because I was occupied with this picture.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pramote
http://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.