The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

We don't have nearly enough pet pictures in this thread. What is it with MFD shooters? But the greatest thing about the weather this time of year in Maine is there is not a lot of rain. Pentax 645D and 55mm.

Should this be in the Putting Faces to Names thread? ;)

malmac

Jerome

Here is a rough and ready touch up of your image.

Some folks don't like to adjust an image to this degree but I like to search out how I experienced being in a certain place at a certain time - afterall what is reality.

I did not see the small village until you pointed it out but I would certainly highlight it in the image.

I will be in France in early July so I am looking forward to savouring some landscape through the lens.

Regards

mal

Stan ROX

My first reaction is whether a Hasselblad camera would be identifiable to your target audience? It kind of starts as a camera commercial. Would a studio intro be better--some lights flashing and a set, but no model.

The second is I think tighter editing would help. There are some weak images in there (weak in relation to others) that are slowing things down. I would prefer a shorter and tighter video, then a longer ones with repetition. You want to have people leave wanting more than having their fill.

Otherwise it is up to your usual standards and great work.
@Shashin et al: thanks for your kind comments. I was quite happy about the result, but as usual, the "second opinion" method did showed me the room for improvement. So I did a slight re-edit, took some pictures out, did some "Ken-Burns" to enhance the dramatic and shortened it a little bit.

The new version is online - you're very welcome to enjoy it a second time:

Shootings 2012 - Simply the best shots!

Stan ROX

(Uh! My 100th Posting)

etrump

Ah, well ... here it's Sunday evening, and I just gof finished with my newest project: a promotional video of my best shots in 2012.

Although it's not exactly what's posted here usually, I would absolutely love to get your comments on this video:

Best Shots 2012 - Vimeo

The video is NOT SAFE FOR WORK...!

And, if this is against some rule, please let me know!

Thnks

Stan ROX
Stan, this was a great representation of your work. The love tattoo and face splash of the opening model was especially effective I thought. :thumbs:

Stan ROX

It's nice (a bit long and slow even good Internet connection)

A question, what is your favorite lens(es) for your nude or beauty shots ?

Jerome
Jerome,

I re-edited it, and did a slightly more compression - this saves 10 MB...

My absolute #1 is the HC 80 mm. It's glued to my cam, works in every way best and is the sharpest lens in my line-up.

#2 is the 50-110. It's bulky and very heavy, needs some more light for the AF to work, but the results are OK - although not as sharp as the 80 mm.

#3 is the HC 120 Macro. It's very slow in focussing and very heavy.

What I never used in beauty & nudes, is my HC 210 and my HC 35. The HC 210 is subject to sale, so I can free up some money for either the HTS or the HC 100 2.2 ... :)

S.

Last edited:

RVB

Jerome,

my absolute #1 is the HC 80 mm. It's glued to my cam, works in every way best and is the sharpest lens in my line-up.

#2 is the 50-110. It's bulky and very heavy, needs some more light for the AF to work, but the results are OK - although not as sharp as the 80 mm.

What I never used in beauty & nudes, is my HC 210 and my HC 35. The HC 210 is subject to sale, so I can free up some money for either the HTS or the HC 100 2.2 ... :)

S.
You will love the 100 2.2.. it's a gem and AF is very fast...it's also quite light..

BANKER1

Agree on the HC100 2.2. Just looked at the slide show, and it played completely through without stutters and stops. Absolutely beautiful work. Stunning!

Greg

Nathan W. Lediard

Version two is very good, I liked version 1, but this is way better now :) well at least up to the bit where the really rough looking chick pops up at the end.. doesnt seem to fit in with the others really... ;) :ROTFL: :toocool: :bugeyes:

(sorry my twisted humour made me write that bit)

Nathan W. Lediard

Oh , and to be serious again, yes that little 80mm is a real gem, I too love mine, use it way more than I would have used a 50mm on 35mm... something about the field of view yet 80mm compression,,, hard to beat. I to have the 50-110 and find it just as sharp but it weighs a ton compered to that little 80mm. I have recently bought the 150, between the 80 and the 150 I have everything portrait wise covered in the studio, from full body to tight headshots :) but that 110 f2.2 does look tempting... maybe at years end when I am doing my books and hopefully have spare cash that the taxman would otherwise have off me... :D

Last edited:

jerome

Jerome,

I re-edited it, and did a slightly more compression - this saves 10 MB...

My absolute #1 is the HC 80 mm. It's glued to my cam, works in every way best and is the sharpest lens in my line-up.

S.
You re edition is a success ! Excellent :)

Oddly, I never use my HC 80, neither my 50-110 but a little my 120

My first is the 28 then the 50.

But I do mainly landscape. Now, I think I'll do some test to shot people and i'll go for the 80.

Thanks !

jerome

Jerome

Here is a rough and ready touch up of your image.

Some folks don't like to adjust an image to this degree but I like to search out how I experienced being in a certain place at a certain time - afterall what is reality.

I did not see the small village until you pointed it out but I would certainly highlight it in the image.

I will be in France in early July so I am looking forward to savouring some landscape through the lens.

Regards

mal
What a surprise ! I mean, that's totally not me here :)

I know that blur is part of the art, but something push me to be as sharp as possible everywhere. I don't know why, but it is that way.

You're version is very interesting and bring something, but I would not go that way :)

Anyway thanks for this !

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Had a blast at Andy Biggs Moab workshop, as well as shooting a little on my own. Haven't posted much for a while, (I don't shoot much in the winter) but thought I'd share a few. Really like the soft light on this Fiery Furnace shot, not real typical. Will work on it more when I can use my better display.

PhaseOneDf with IQ180, Schneider/Phase 55mm LS, 1/4 sec at f/14, ISO 35

malmac

What a surprise ! I mean, that's totally not me here

I know that blur is part of the art, but something push me to be as sharp as possible everywhere. I don't know why, but it is that way.

You're version is very interesting and bring something, but I would not go that way

Anyway thanks for this !
Jerome

Hey that is fine, I guess the idea of a forum is that we expose our work and others can comment if they see fit.

I am sure that some people just shake their heads when they see what I post - but variety can be stimulating.

regards

Mal

jerome

Jerome

Hey that is fine, I guess the idea of a forum is that we expose our work and others can comment if they see fit.

I am sure that some people just shake their heads when they see what I post - but variety can be stimulating.

regards

Mal
I must say that I'm very proud that you spent some time on my photos. That is a very interesting exercise, showing that we react differently as photographers.

Thanks again and tell when your are in France :)

Status
Not open for further replies.