The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Jan, that is an AWESOME capture!!!

T

tetsrfun

I haven't posted in a while... But here's a cliche. I like it myself though. :)

For those who care... ZD back, 55mm AF lens, f/5.6, 30s exposure.
I think that you have raised the bar for that "cliche".

Steve

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Sell that to the San Francisco visitors travel guides.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

The parade has started through my little home studio.
Any idea how hard it is to get everyone looking in the same direction?
View attachment 9982
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

You need a few thingamajigs hanging on the wall behind you that they all look at. Obviously the babies are tough, so you improvise with sounds like a music box or a squeaker toy :)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Jack,
This is the best that we could do. Cynthia was standing right next to me doing her best with all sorts of things.
The hardest part was keeping the older kid's fingers out of his nose.:ROTFL:
Actually, they were happy with the result so I am too.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I hear you... Too bad Dad wasn't looking at you though. With babies, I usually tell the adults and older children to keep looking right at the lens since I will have to fire when the baby looks my way. Usually I get mom and dad looking at me, the older kids and baby the dice toss...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

I have several with the adults looking square at me, but with the kids looking off somewhere else.
I thought the best shot had everyone in place except that the baby was squirming a bit, but this one was their pick.
These were shot tethered with a 23" LCD turned so that they could see each shot. The setup worked really well, and was one of the few times that C1 did not spontaneously go south on me. Acvtually it might have looked too easy :)
-bob

Don Libby

We’re currently at the South Rim staying in a cabin at the Bright Angel Lodge. Got here late yesterday afternoon and woke to 11 degrees and slightly blowing snow by the afternoon we warmed up to 23 and snow with zero visibility; they’re calling for 8 to 12” of snow tomorrow.

This image was taken at Hopi Point this morning just as the clouds started covering the entire area. More tomorrow (with any luck). We’re here till Wednesday then heading over to Furnace Creek, Death Valley.

BTY, Cambo RS 1000 35mm lens P45+

Enjoy!

Don

Yeah it’s colder than :cussing:all get out here!

Jan – One word – awesome image! Okay 2 words..

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member

Don, that looks pretty darn cold. And wet. And dark. I like the way you managed to convey this. :) I also really like the dark earthy, wet, desert appearance.

Paratom

This was with the 40mm Schneider on the Hy6.
For some reason downsizing the image seemed to destroy some detail and I might have oversharpened a bit?
Dont know if its worth posting but I do anyways ;)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Tom for the web only do very light capture sharpening. Jacks web converter is also very handy that you can buy here. Contact Jack on that

Stuart Richardson

Another thing to do if you are using photoshop is to make sure your intended size is a divisor of the original file size...that way it can get rid of pixels evenly. So if the original file size was 4000x3000, then 800x600 etc. It could be my imagination, but when doing it that way they seem to look better to me. And only sharpen once you are at the small size. I don't capture sharpen unless I am planning on printing.

D

ddk

We’re currently at the South Rim staying in a cabin at the Bright Angel Lodge. Got here late yesterday afternoon and woke to 11 degrees and slightly blowing snow by the afternoon we warmed up to 23 and snow with zero visibility; they’re calling for 8 to 12” of snow tomorrow.

This image was taken at Hopi Point this morning just as the clouds started covering the entire area. More tomorrow (with any luck). We’re here till Wednesday then heading over to Furnace Creek, Death Valley.

BTY, Cambo RS 1000 35mm lens P45+

Enjoy!

Don

Yeah it’s colder than :cussing:all get out here!

Jan – One word – awesome image! Okay 2 words..
What an amazing place Don, thanks for sharing with this incredible shot, enjoy the moment!

Don Libby

Thanks Jan and David for the kind words.

Took this at Bright Angel Overlook stacking three images at various focal lengths. We got about 12” snow last night with more coming; decided not to go to Death Valley and extending our stay here instead. Cambo RS 1000 35mm lens and P45+ back.

Enjoy!

don

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Don, This stacked shot from Bright Angel Overlook is breathtaking!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Don, I like that indeed,
Did you use Helicon of PS or something else in the stacking?
thanks
-bob

Status
Not open for further replies.