The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

carstenw

Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Evgeny, I really like your shot. Reminds me a bit of both Bond and Kill Bill.

Don Libby

Don, This stacked shot from Bright Angel Overlook is breathtaking!
Thanks Cindy. I’ve been snooping at your images over on the “Other Cameras” great work!

Don, I like that indeed,
Did you use Helicon of PS or something else in the stacking?
thanks
-bob
Thanks Bob. The original intent was 3 separate images each with a slightly different focus then use CS4 to blend the layers; I attempted to do that on my laptop but received the ugly message of not enough RAM (I’ve got 4 GB) so the actual work will have to wait till I get back to the studio.

Great shots! Don... if you want to head to GA or FL .. it is about 70 degrees here! It's not quite the holiday feel, but it is supposed to dip a bit next week.
Chris – sorry we got dropped this morning. I’ve to say without a doubt that I love the Cambo RS! Don’t remember saying this however the first image posted from this trip was 2 images merged – I forgot to crop out the blank pixels, that’s the little bit of white you see on the borders.

We’ve got hit with at least another foot of snow today.

FYI - We posted a couple images as well as 2 very shot videos on our blog

We should be back home in Tucson Friday.

don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Thanks Jan and David for the kind words.

Took this at Bright Angel Overlook stacking three images at various focal lengths. We got about 12” snow last night with more coming; decided not to go to Death Valley and extending our stay here instead. Cambo RS 1000 35mm lens and P45+ back.

Enjoy!

don
Don, very nice image!

Is it just me, or am I seeing color shift, magenta center and some green to magenta beyond that? Did you do the LCC?

Thanks!

Don Libby

Don, very nice image!

Is it just me, or am I seeing color shift, magenta center and some green to magenta beyond that? Did you do the LCC?

Thanks!

Jack

Learned a couple things the past couple days; first I shouldn’t post after spending time down at the bar secondly I need to spend more time on C1 before going to CS.

don

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member

ZD; 55mm lens @ f/5.6. Five exposures. Just having fun with this. :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I'm over at the coast with my family for a few days and grabbed this shot with a pinhole lens I made for my Mamiya AFD. I estimate it is about a 70mm focal length and f200. This exposure was 15 seconds in early AM light using my P45+.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Jack,
The resolution. the DOF, the je'ne sais quoi!
You might consider re-shooting it with a softar for effect? :ROTFL:
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Okay... Since that one went over so well, how about this one?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Hey, Jack!
One of the best power plant shots, no really!
-bob

carstenw

The second hole seems to have better optical properties :D

Don Libby

Got home a couple days ago and one of the first things on the agenda was to fix the image that I had posted previously; so much nicer being able to see images on a "real" screen (meaning much larger) as well as having the horsepower to process it the way I wanted to.

Again, this is three images shot at different focus points then layered in CS4 but first I did an LCC in C1. I do have a question regarding the LCC technique - this images was shot with a 35mm on a Cambo RS 1000 using (or attempting to) Capture Integrations white plastic. The problem I ran into was that the plastic was too large to fit within the lens "wings" thus it was shot approximately 1 to no more than 2 inches off the lens. Do I need to cut the plastic down in order to fit inside the "wings" so that it'll fit against the lens?

Happy Holidays To All!

don

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

First decent snow of the season...
So I just HAD to shoot something as soon as I cleared 10 inches of the stuff from the driveway...

Longfellow's Wayside Inn
View attachment 10109

Martha Mary Chapel. Built by Henry Ford's wife from storm-felled trees on the property.
View attachment 10110

Schoolhouse. This is where Mary of Mary had a Little Lamb fame went to school
View attachment 10111
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Do I need to cut the plastic down in order to fit inside the "wings" so that it'll fit against the lens?
Don, the redo looks *EXCELLENT!*

I would trim the LCC plastic to fit between the ears to avoid reflections off of the lens side of the LCC screwing up the calibration frame.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Bob, those are very nice :thumbs:

robsteve

Subscriber

Bob:

The last one is fantastic.

In your second shot, you must have underground power lines there. Every decent church shot around here had a set of power lines running to it. If that was around here there would be lines running in from the right and terminating at the edge of the roof about where the down spout is.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.