The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paratom

Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Jack,
great composition and for my taste your images really stand out quality wise (I mean color, tonality and sharpness). Plus: great scenery - not just an image to show of the quality of MF but your images are ausdruckstark for me(I dont know if meaningfull is the right word).
Regards, Tom

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

3 images from today. I still have to get used to the slower pace of using a MF camera and I still dont feel I get the IQ in the resized images.
I am working on it. Hy6 with 40mm and 80mm Xenotar.

Looks to me like you have it nailed. Is this output from Leaf or Adobe software? Very film-like tonality. I love it.

Bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Jack,
your images are ausdruckstark for me
Hi Tom:

Thank you very much! I don't know what that word means, but it sure sounds like a good thing!

Best,

carstenw

Ausdruckstark means something like powerful (in this case), or expressive, more literally.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Thanks for the clarification Carsten,

and Tom, I am glad you found them appealing!

Paratom

Looks to me like you have it nailed. Is this output from Leaf or Adobe software? Very film-like tonality. I love it.

Bob
Thanks Bob,
So far I find it easier to convert the dng-files with photoshop compared to the Sinar software. For some reason C1 allways shows me an error when I try to convert the dng in c1. I dont know if it is my fault or if the Sinar dng dont work.

joerglemann

Last light on a historic town gate in Xanten (small town in the west part of Germany)

Hi everybody,
I'm waiting for my Alpa SWC. In the meantime I took some shots with the Phase One /80mm 2.8 / P45 DB.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Last light on a historic town gate in Xanten (small town in the west part of Germany)

Hi everybody,
I'm waiting for my Alpa SWC. In the meantime I took some shots with the Phase One /80mm 2.8 / P45 DB.
Welcome to the forum!

Hi everybody,
Hi joerg (?),

I don't know if it's just the thumbnail, but this looks a little over-sharpened to me. Does the roof-line of the main tower look the same on the full-size version?

Graham.

Stuart Richardson

Thanks Bob,
So far I find it easier to convert the dng-files with photoshop compared to the Sinar software. For some reason C1 allways shows me an error when I try to convert the dng in c1. I dont know if it is my fault or if the Sinar dng dont work.
The Sinar DNG's work fine for me in Capture One, (I am on the mac and use the regular, non-pro version), so perhaps it is your configuration. By the way, I like your images!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Hi Folks: A friendly reminder that this thread is fast approaching 50 pages and 1000 posts in length, and as such getting close to the right time to start a part 3 :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Man does that make me happy so many posts and images. Nice part is a lot to learn just on this thread alone. Let'em rip folks if it get's too slow in the paging we can always go to part 3. Jack your call bud

carstenw

How about a title this time which fits in the forum overview? :D

joerglemann

Hi joerg (?),

I don't know if it's just the thumbnail, but this looks a little over-sharpened to me. Does the roof-line of the main tower look the same on the full-size version?

Graham.
Hi Graham.
Thx for this hint :thumbup:
I'm new with C 1, experimenting with it only a few hours.
Yes, a bit of sharpening has been done which should be ok for printing, but it seems that it is to much for regarding it on a screen.
Rgds, Joerg

joerglemann

Hi Graham.
Thx for this hint :thumbup:
I'm new with C 1, experimenting with it only a few hours.
Yes, a bit of sharpening has been done which should be ok for printing, but it seems that it is to much for regarding it on a screen.
Rgds, Joerg
... just rechecked it and the original doesnt look that over-sharpened. Did the Thumbnail with the Web Contact Sheet function and it seems that at this point the sharpening, though unchanged, gets to harsh.
Joerg

etrigan63

Fun with MF images - Part 3

Thought I'd do everyone the favor and start the next incarnation of this thread. Happy New Year to all!

J

jmvdigital

A few from a shoot several weeks ago. Just getting around to processing the hundreds I shot there at the Feed and Grain building in Loveland, CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.