The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmvdigital

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Two shots from November when the farmers were out processing their corn fields.

David K

Workshop Member

Sinar Hy6 with Rollei 110 f/2... perhaps a bit over processed but the model loved it :)

J

jmvdigital

David - Very nice shot! Over processed or not, I think it works very well.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

David, you have stepped it up for sure! That image is simply killer!

David K

Workshop Member

Lovely David - what lighting sare you using ?
Thanks for the compliments guys... the lighting is all Broncolor and, while we moved it around a bit, that shot was taken with three lights... overhead from the front with beauty dish and grid, side lighting with a basic reflector and grid and a ringflash from the front. Also had a mirror bounce from below for fill. Credit for the lighting setup goes to my friend Andre at TYE. For the record the young lady does model but didn't come to the studio for that reason. Andre and I were doing some lighting tests but dragged her in front of the camera so we'd have a live body to shoot. I really like the Broncolor lighting and recently organized a video shoot for them near my home in Jupiter. It's on their website for anyone interested in seeing it. If anyone is local to Ft. Lauderdale we're having a huge Broncolor demo at TYE studios this coming weekend and week (starting on Feb. 21st).

woodyspedden

Sinar Hy6 with Rollei 110 f/2... perhaps a bit over processed but the model loved it :)
good to have you back Dr K. It's been a little while.

What can one say other than the images from the 110/2.0 are just spectacular. i love this shot and don't wonder why the model does as well.

Woody

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Thanks for the compliments guys... the lighting is all Broncolor and, while we moved it around a bit, that shot was taken with three lights... overhead from the front with beauty dish and grid, side lighting with a basic reflector and grid and a ringflash from the front. Also had a mirror bounce from below for fill.
The big Mola (beauty dish) is the real secret -- stick ANY light in it and it works magic ;) I do like the effect in this image from the gridded ring -- I usually don't like rings, but it works here, flattening out the model's face.

David, also looks like you processed her skin a bit, like some skin smoothing in post?

David K

Workshop Member

Thanks Woody... haven't posted in a bit as I've been a little down in the dumps with our local Florida real estate industry. I'm sure lots of folks here can relate. Heard someone say we're just at the end of the beginning with this thing... not the beginning of the end. I sure hope he's wrong...

Jack, yes to the post processing. Secret sauce (my own recipe) is to fiddle with the Portraiture plug-in for Photoshop by Imagenomic which is quick and easy and provides excellent (to my eye) skin results. Then I use the Silver Efex Pro plug-in by Nik. Nothing that can't be done in Photoshop alone but much quicker and easier with the plug-ins. One other tip that a friend passed along that I find myself using is duplicating the layer... changing the blend mode to Screen and then backing off that opacity to around 50%. This may sound like more work than it is since I can do all of the above in about 2-3 minutes.

viablex1

One from the Grand Canyon. Contax 645, 45mm, Aptus 75S.
I spent two days processing this and think I'm finally satisfied with it. (well maybe)
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::bugeyes:

jklotz

OK - I'll play. Not a landscape, but an urban landscape if you will. Cambo WDS, Schnider 47xl, P1 P25 - iso 50, f14 @ 6 seconds....

David K

Workshop Member

James and Jim... very nice. Here's a practice product shot I took with the help of my friend Ray Harms who's a real pro at this...

David K

Workshop Member

and the crop (really a double crop since the original was a pretty dramatic crop to begin with). Taken with the Rollei 80mm 2.8 which didn't allow me to get as close as I'd have liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.