The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

I like the "look" on the model on the left -- to me it is as though she sees her twin as prettier, and that adds tension to the shot.

Don Libby

Wanted to work a little outside my comfort zone so worked this image into a b&w with what turned out be a heck of a lot of layers. I also wanted it to be on the "dark" side; not so much the actual brightness but an attempt to convey foreboding.

Anyway, Phase AFD, P45+ and 28mm lens, shot f/12 @1.0 ISO 50

Graham - The second image is much better; I like the light, shadows, and the second twin.

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Wanted to work a little outside my comfort zone so worked this image into a b&w with what turned out be a heck of a lot of layers. I also wanted it to be on the "dark" side; not so much the actual brightness but an attempt to convey foreboding.

Don,

Is that a flashlight doodle in the lower right???

Don Libby

Don,

Is that a flashlight doodle in the lower right???
Jack,

My signature has been called many thing but never a flashlight doodle. I used to tell folks that couldn't read the signature that my name and badge # was also printed on the ticket....:ROTFL:

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Dude, we need to have a talk... There is some serious psychology going on when your signature is two circles with two more little circles binding those together!

:ROTFL:

kdphotography

Jack,

He used to sign with an "x"

(But you know how it is when its all x's and o's.....)

:ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Looks like a ghost of a diamondback once resided there. Need to switch the tobacco in that peace pipe. LOL

Grayhand

So, now is my photographic winter officially over!
No more winter pictures. No more blue fingers and feet without any feeling left in the toes and ears that has frozen to ice. I will not miss it!

But some were in the middle of July I will be bored to death with hard light an hopeless contrast, cursing the mosquitos and beginning to look forward to the next winter...

Ray

RZ Pro ll/350 mm APO, P45

Last edited:

etrump

Ray, excellent image.

Kudos on the winter sentiment, but the Smoky's should be pretty sweet when I arrive late this week.

Stuart Richardson

Actually, the first official day of summer in Iceland is Thursday. But it was a very Icelandic day -- we had lots of sun, rain, hale and more sun. Temperature went from 38 to 48....there is still light in the sky at 11:00pm now, albeit very faint and only in the clouds.

tashley

Subscriber Member

So, now is my photographic winter officially over!
No more winter pictures. No more blue fingers and feet without any feeling left in the toes and ears that has frozen to ice. I will not miss it!

But some were in the middle of July I will be bored to death with hard light an hopeless contrast, cursing the mosquitos and beginning to look forward to the next winter...

Ray

RZ Pro ll/350 mm APO, P45
Love that Ray, simple and pure.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Thanks john. Crashed and burned last night--bad BBQ? Or just ate too much. Still stumbling around this morning.....

Another from Canyon de Chelly. This is from the "hidden" slot canyon that Don and I were so lucky to visit. We were told we were only the third "non-navajo" ever to see this place.... Would be aother neat GetDPI workshop location... It was dark in there! Couldn't wait for mid-day sun as I had a plane to catch... These and similar will make it onto the blog, but thought folks here would be interested in the Sensor+ shots.

Phase 645AF, P65+, Mamiya 35mm, iso 800 (Sensor+), f/8 at 4 seconds.
That's one of the finest slot shots I ever saw - really scintillating!

J

jmvdigital

This shot is NOT medium format, it's a relic of a trip to Kansas last summer with my Canon 1DsIII. I just like this board so much, I figured you guys would forgive my misstep in order to fulfill the greater good of sharing work. :D

I found this juxtaposition to be a rather interesting look at our industrial side. In the foreground are the railroad tracks that carry the corn and supplies to and from factories. The middle landscape is corn that we use to feed cattle and produce energy via ethanol. In the distance is a factory that uses both of these elements. And all around is an otherwise peaceful hot day in rural Kansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.