The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

ddk

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Penance....

Contax 645, 120mm, Aptus 54s

Last edited:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Thanks for the kind comments Jack, Henry and David.

Here's the companion image.

Kurt

Last edited:
D

ddk

David K. & William,

Thank you for looking and your kind comments!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Think I am going to make this a Avatar for the Buy and Sell Forum. LOL
Seems appropriate

J

jmvdigital

I shot these in January one frosty morning, down the street from my house. Shot with my Mamiya 150mm, handheld. I got inspired to mess around in black and white last night and decided to push these shots into a moodier realm. Without the blueish tint I gave to some other images from this shoot, it’s difficult to see they are frosted unless the image is presented larger.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'm still in love with the Phamiya 28 mm, which I have decided is best used at f16. For you pixel-peepers I've included a 100% crop of the extreme lower right corner.

Last edited:
D

ddk

I shot these in January one frosty morning, down the street from my house. Shot with my Mamiya 150mm, handheld. I got inspired to mess around in black and white last night and decided to push these shots into a moodier realm. Without the blueish tint I gave to some other images from this shoot, it’s difficult to see they are frosted unless the image is presented larger.
Its very hard to see subtleties like that on low rez net images. I remember having the same problem with something I shot in mono lake during a storm, I just couldn't get the water droplets to show up on the weird vegetation of the area.

Grayhand

Nice phothos Justin!
I especially like the second one, it has something special!

Ray

J

jmvdigital

Here's a crop of the top "Winter Wheat" image I posted above, to show the frost.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Looks pretty sharp in the edges. Did you do any sharpening?
I processed in C1 with default sharpening only. Actually the background looks over-sharpened on my laptop - probably because I made the jpeg bigger than this site accepts and something "happens" as it is downsized!

I did the same shot at f11 and it is not as sharp in the corners. This is an f16 lens as far as extreme corners are concerned, imho. This fine with me because I almost always want lots of DOF when using this lens for my purposes.

Incidentally, I also used C1s automated lens correction for the 28 mm. It's a must!

Bill

J

jmvdigital

I shot this in an abandoned barn outside of Colorado Springs. A nice cozy nest out of the wind and weather. The geometry, combined with the color and western feel make this one of my favorite images as of late.

etrump

I shot this in an abandoned barn outside of Colorado Springs. A nice cozy nest out of the wind and weather. The geometry, combined with the color and western feel make this one of my favorite images as of late.
Justin, This is an excellent image. A lot of interesting things going on in this simple image.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.