Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Capture One 20

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like

    Capture One 20

    Now the beta is over, and 20 has been released. What do people think of it?

    I have a 12 pro license, but dont have any upgrades available (my lic never came with any)

    I run an IQ3 back but have a few files in CR2 format from canon days.

    I took a look at the upgrade pricing, but its not cheap. Am I going to get any benefit from upgrading? Does it still have a free DB only mode or has that gone now with Pro?

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    kdphotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Carmel/Tucson
    Posts
    2,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Capture One 20

    The Phase One DB version is always free.

    You will need the other versions in order to process camera files generated with other than Phase One MFDBs.

    Ken

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Capture One 20

    Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    The Phase One DB version is always free.

    You will need the other versions in order to process camera files generated with other than Phase One MFDBs.

    Ken
    should do fine with 12 for the other formats and 20 for my P1

    there is nothing missing in DB that;s in pro (when using IQ back/files) right?

  4. #4
    Senior Member dchew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    1,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Capture One 20

    Quote Originally Posted by Massive Si View Post
    there is nothing missing in DB that;s in pro (when using IQ back/files) right?
    Correct!

    Dave
    How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! - John Muir

    davechewphotography.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    380
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Capture One 20

    Quote Originally Posted by Massive Si View Post
    Now the beta is over, and 20 has been released. What do people think of it?

    I have a 12 pro license, but dont have any upgrades available (my lic never came with any)

    I run an IQ3 back but have a few files in CR2 format from canon days.

    I took a look at the upgrade pricing, but its not cheap. Am I going to get any benefit from upgrading? Does it still have a free DB only mode or has that gone now with Pro?
    I got an email saying I am eligible for a free lifetime license of capture one due to owning a phaseone product. Maybe you should get the same ?

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Capture One 20

    Quote Originally Posted by Boinger View Post
    I got an email saying I am eligible for a free lifetime license of capture one due to owning a phaseone product. Maybe you should get the same ?
    I got the same email, but it's just a license for the DB product--it won't work with non-Phase raw files.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Capture One 20

    Can someone provide a direct link to the DB version for download? I am always directed to the full Pro version that requires additional payment, annoying.

    I have perpetual licence as a Phase One system owner, but even when I try to upgrade directly from the current C1 12 covered by that licence, I cannot fond the DB version of 20.
    - ErlingMM

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    kdphotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Carmel/Tucson
    Posts
    2,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Capture One 20

    I believe you go ahead and download a the "trial" version of Capture One Pro 20

    When you register or activate the software, you select the version you wish to activate, and I believe here is where you see the DB option (amongst the others).

    ken

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •