The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Mitchell

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Looks much nicer. Hard to compare since the old one is gone :) There is a touch of darkness just to the left of the rope still, and between the rope and pole, there is some more. This part looks like it doesn't quite fit with the squeeky clean horizon you added closer to the boat. The thin bright line at the top of the ocean is thicker and messier or something. Still, stunning light, nicely seen and captured. You didn't sleep all night? What time was it taken? What were the exposure parameters?
Yes, the retouching needs a little tidying up, but I wanted to show the new image while it's fresh.

Taken around 3.30am. f8 or f11, 4 seconds (I don't get EXIF on my setup).

Graham Mitchell

Both have it, but it is more prominent in the top image...
Ok, I see that artefacts you're talking about. It's better in the original file, but was caused by limitations of highlight recovery. I'll have to fix it in post (although this is just a 'for fun' image anyway :) ). Thanks for the feedback!

tashley

Subscriber Member

I never saw the version with the house Graham, but the one without it really rocks. There's a mildly HDR look to it which I rarely like but in this case it's really nice and probably the only way to handle those extremes.

Wish I'd taken it!

Tim

J

jmvdigital

Now we're getting somewhere! Nicely done photochop skill-z.

Don Libby

Don, wow!
What lens is this?
This was taken a couple days ago while testing/getting comfortable with the lens; it's a Schneider 24XL w/centerfilter.

Thanks for the wow, liked it so much after printing it I've added it to our on-line gallery. I love surprises like this!

Don

J

jmvdigital

Couple of shots from a foggy afternoon shoot near Red Feather Lakes, CO last month.

etrump

Few from the Ozark National Forest

Sharing a few from the Ozark National Forest. Spring is a wonderful time in NW Arkansas. All images Cambo RS 1000 w/P45 DB.

Smith Creek Nature Preserve w/72mm:

Same place 100 yards downstream. Two shot pano playing around with WA perspective using the trees to lead into the image. I think the trees are a little extreme so I'll shoot it again with a more natural perspective:

Long Pool Falls w/35mm (Larger image here):

etrump

When I first posted the pics I had not slept for 30 hours and retouching was the last thing on my mind :)

Graham,

I like the mood, colors and composition in this image. The exposure and shadow detail is perfect as well.

Just an overall excellent image.

Don Libby

Ed

Great images. I really like the first and last - then again I've always been a sucker for flowing water.

Keep 'em coming!

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.