The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Yea seems like a perfect size for 17 and above. Starting to like this feature since the images can be processed like we normally do with some sharpening , not crunching up.

Yes Don I had 10 minutes to shoot before the guard locked me in.
Didn't know they had a curfew! I was up there very late one night.

JimCollum

Don and Jack, you aren't the first to comment about those images being B&W. I'm having trouble with my own psychology about where I want to work in color or in B&W, and if both, how and where to draw the line so that my overall portfolio doesn't start to become a mishmash of styles. Thoughts?
i like them in the color they are.. they follow your style (if i saw them without your name, i'd know who shot them.. i don't think the same would apply if they were b/w for me). you have your own color style that is very appealing

JimCollum

just got back from a family cruise (Alaska). My wife's grandparents were celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary (they're in their mid-90's), and they took their family (35 of us) on a week long cruise.

These were taken from the deck of the ship, Mamiya 645AFDII, Aptus 75s (handheld)

Terry

Jim,
When I first started to look at these I tilted my head and said Jim on a cruise :confused::confused: but then I read the post. 70 years. WOW.

Now to the pictures. The last one in the first post is awesome with the clouds at the same slope as the mountains descending to the valley. Also, I can't believe the water is that smooth with the ship sitting there. I don't think I've even seen a boat that big in such still water. Is that Ghery building made with different materials than he normally uses. Not used to seeing those colors, which are wonderful.

Hope you had fun and didn't need a vacation from your vacation when you got back :ROTFL:.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Great images Jim -- *love* the interesting architecture from Seattle!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Tom,

Did you use movements for any of those? Love to see a shift and a tilt image with some crops.

Don Libby

Jim - all the images are simply great. The one that grabs me the most is the first posted from Seattle. Reminds me of images from the space shuttle.

Don

Paratom

Tom,

Did you use movements for any of those? Love to see a shift and a tilt image with some crops.
I have used horicontal and vertical shift in some (tilt only in 1 or 2 which I have not posted) but the bad thing is I didnt write down so I cant really tell now and it doesnt show in the exif ;)
I tried to not shift more than max 12mm when I shiftet only one axes, and less when I shiftet 2.
Rodenstock says 8mm but Rainer V. wrote 12 mm shood work fine even without stopping down.
I plan to run some tests in the near future and can post results - its just that I hate test shooting - its so boaring. But I shall learn and know how far to go and what to get.

Overall it was really fun to use the Artec, even though most of these I could have taken with the Hy6 (and a very high tripod) as well.

jlm

Workshop Member

thanks, Ed. the 9 micron sensor is a boon to dynamic range and color. for some reason the raw came in at 3800K, so i did a WB pick off the clouds and it corrected to 6000. I left it alone after that.

like the colors in your pano!

Status
Not open for further replies.