The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

carstenw

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Carsten,
I think this last image begs for some more brightness in the center.
-bob
Yes, you are right! Something like this perhaps? I added vignetting, raised the overall exposure, and slightly lightened the branch in the middle. I still feel there is something missing, although it is much better now, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe the very evenly lit central leaves just don't have the necessary detail to command interest.

Thanks Bob.

View attachment 18835

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Yes, now I know where to look.
You could even back off the vignetting a bit.

jlm

Workshop Member

try keeping the same relative exposure and vignetting but bump the overall exposure a stop or more

carstenw

Thanks Don, I am happy to hear that from you.

Bob and Jim, I just bumped the exposure 0.7 stops, but by that time, the vignetting started to feel more right, so I didn't touch it for now. Somehow the exposure and the vignetting seem to be connected:

View attachment 18839

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Bob and Jim, I just bumped the exposure 0.7 stops, but by that time, the vignetting started to feel more right, so I didn't touch it for now. Somehow the exposure and the vignetting seem to be connected:

View attachment 18839
Carsten, just right.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

agreed, last one is nice! :thumbs:

Carsten, when you profile your monitors, what lum setting do you use? I would suggest 110 - 120 as a standard, with D65 (6500) and 2.2 gamma.

Frank Doorhof

Hi,
I used the 35mm and 80mm on a 645AFD camera (my AFD/III is still not back), the AFD is a bitch to work with (sorry for the expression :D)

evgeny

WOW, Frank!
Is that strobes overpower Sun or special (which?) filters in Photoshop?

carstenw

I've only profiled this monitor once, and to be honest, I don't remember the luminance setting. I will pay more attention when I profile it again, upon my return. I use D65 and 2.2 gamma.

agreed, last one is nice! :thumbs:

Carsten, when you profile your monitors, what lum setting do you use? I would suggest 110 - 120 as a standard, with D65 (6500) and 2.2 gamma.

D

ddk

I've only profiled this monitor once, and to be honest, I don't remember the luminance setting. I will pay more attention when I profile it again, upon my return. I use D65 and 2.2 gamma.
Its definitely something that needs doing regularly and depending on your monitor, maybe as much as every few days...

carstenw

I have had the laptop since the late fall, but have only used it for editing for part of that time. I guess it is high time for me to profile it again :)

Here is another shot from the magical forest:

View attachment 18885

Status
Not open for further replies.