The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogopix

Subscriber
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

something a little different. Mont Blanc, towards Matterhorn (little triangle on horizon)

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber

Very nice shot, Victor. We're you also mountaineering?

David
well, it depends-we call it 'trekking'. A bit more than hiking (see image) but not on all fours too much :D

That's my better half reaching out

also only about 3000 feet a day, up and down (but we started at 7-8,000 feet

Victor

Last edited:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

wow, Bob, I didn't realize you were so TALL!
You can tell he is tall from his avatar!!!

Bob, nice image - I like the active textile patterns as background for the serenity of the pose. Two things. I wish the windows/window treatment were not visible and I find the 2 shadows circled below a little distracting, perhaps a little PS work to get rid of them (and btw - I looked at every cm of the image not just that area!).
View attachment 19927

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Charlie, you are right.
I ought to wait five minutes before posting these things and really look at them.
The shadow is easy, the windows are not so easy. I darkened them, but that probably drew more attention to them.
-bob

David K

Workshop Member

Nice Bob, but I think you're going to have to reshoot this a couple of more times to get it perfect :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Nice Bob, but I think you're going to have to reshoot this a couple of more times to get it perfect :)
At least two more times -- I understands that helps with teh finder fogging that occurs the first time :D

:ROTFL:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Well the one lying down plus one other will be in for another shoot in three weeks, so I better get some of that anti-fog stuff for the finder.
This is one reason that I really prefer to shoot tethered. I tried to teach Cynthia how to be my digital tech, but she told me that on these sorts of shoots I am on my own.
-bob

Last edited:

eleanorbrown

I did an experiment with the P65+ sensor plus technology today. I took a walk without tripod and only with my H2 with standard 80mm lens with my 65+ attached. I almost always have a tripod with me but today i didn't. I wanted to put myself in situations where, to hand hold, I needed a minimum of iso 400. I used iso 400 with sensor plus and here are some of the resulting files. Very very clean, tack sharp no noise. these files can easily be printed to 16X20 and probably larger and maintain their integrity. I've always had an aversion to film grain of any kind and digital noise so I'm really particular. Eleanor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.