The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Pardon the interruption by a non MF owner. I have a question. Is there some kind of magic potion or hypnosis instructions included with these high mega pixel backs that puts ones wife in a trance so that she allows you to shoot beautiful women in provocative poses in your living room? If so, I'm selling my tractor immediately and going to the camera store. :eek:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Tim,
Yes, that is my living room, but I think that once you are past the MF gear etc and all that goes with it, the models are no issue.
-bob

p.s.
How or what do you shoot with your tractor?

thomas

sorry guys - and sorry Bob! Maybe I had a bad day (actually I had a very good day)... But are you kidding? I see an old man's dream of lesbian girls making an inhibited show for him.
Such a lounge is the inventory of a horror movie... I'm waiting for the psychotically killer to stab the girls in a big bloodbath.
Honestly, I really don't get the idea, or the "photography". I find this tasteless to the utmost. Maybe sexist, too, not totally sure by now.
Well, but high resolution. At least.
I vote for a world wide photographer license.
Hard? Certainly! As the "images" are...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Tim,
Yes, that is my living room, but I think that once you are past the MF gear etc and all that goes with it, the models are no issue.
-bob

p.s.
How or what do you shoot with your tractor?
In terms of relative value, my tractor is about an even trade for a pretty nice MF system.

Bob, don't ask questions about the tractor and showering...
As for showering... once a week, need it or not.

Tex

Subscriber Member

Thomas, I earlier requested that this crap be removed from this board. This appears to be an old man with a limited skill set attempting to shock and and fulfill some other issues in his life.

Lesbians are welcome to do as they wish, but I don't feel this garbage should be exhibited on this board - perhaps on a lesbian board.

There are some extremely gifted photographers on this board - why should their work be intermingled with this junk.

Bob perhaps should try to sell his "art" on some lesbian sites but they probably require much better quality than exhibited.

Last edited:

thomas

Didn't want to stretch it.
With photography we are telling stories to ones eyes without words.
We have to learn the "language" and the signs... (and forget the gear as it is totally meaningsless).

"Think while you shoot" (Martin Munkácsi)

eleanorbrown

Honestly I'm considering going back to the Luminous landscape forums. I enjoy sharing work and ideas about digital high resolution imaging but, sadly, I'm beginning to get the impressing this board may not best "fit" for me. Eleanor

There are some extremely gifted photographers on this board - why should their work be intermingled with this junk.

D

ddk

sorry guys - and sorry Bob! Maybe I had a bad day (actually I had a very good day)... But are you kidding? I see an old man's dream of lesbian girls making an inhibited show for him.
Such a lounge is the inventory of a horror movie... I'm waiting for the psychotically killer to stab the girls in a big bloodbath.
Honestly, I really don't get the idea, or the "photography". I find this tasteless to the utmost. Maybe sexist, too, not totally sure by now.
Thomas, since we're on my favorite subject allow me to throw in some

Bondage...

Deprivation with Experimentation

and some old fashioned A$$ Grabbing for good measure...

PS, if its important to anyone, the first two are Contax 645 with Aptus 54S and Kodak DCS back, the 3rd is a lowly Fuji dslr....

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Thomas, I earlier requested that this crap be removed from this board. This appears to be an old man with a limited skill set attempting to shock and and fulfill some other issues in his life.

Lesbians are welcome to do as they wish, but I don't feel this garbage should be exhibited on this board - perhaps on a lesbian board.

Bob perhaps should try to sell his "art" on some lesbian sites but they probably require much better quality than exhibited.

Tex sorry but with all due respect this is about as far from being a lesbian looking image than the moon and the stars and i see this involvement in normal life with my daughters friends on a daily basis and they are as far away as being in that category. I just spent 2 weeks with 1800 male and female models in NY and they all hug , kiss and love each other on a moment to moment basis. I think you clearly are looking for something else here that does not exist whatsoever but one man's attempt at learning photography with a different style that one is not accustomed too. When we stop experimenting with our work than we are lost forever. No one said it was or has to be perfect but the experimentation within the artist mind must be released or we never learn from it. I think a open mind is clearly is what this forum is always about and I will NOT censor peoples work ever unless it clearly is out of bounds and that is mine and Jacks call. If that does not suit you than please move on to clearly some other forum that suits your needs better. BUT I WILL NOT TOLERATE quotes like this ever on this forum Your quote "But are you kidding? I see an old man's dream of lesbian girls making an inhibited show for him." Second quote This appears to be an old man with a limited skill set attempting to shock and and fulfill some other issues in his life.

That is against our rules on insulting members and not allowed PERIOD.

D

ddk

I'm sorry Tex, wether you like the stuff or not is subjective and you're entitled to your opinion and critique, but what I resent most is imposition of misplaced morality on others. What I see is a couple of girls on a couch being coy, now if Bob made you see lesbian fantasies there then maybe the old man with the limited skill set isn't all that limited...

Status
Not open for further replies.