The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Image of the meditation pond at a local church. I am building the portfolio for an Arkansas picture book. Jumped off the highway when the sky lit up after dinner one evening.

(Sorry for the size, I thought the site was supposed to downsize large images???)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Very cool composition Ed!

Excellent job, and my only nit suggestion would be that I might prefer to see a bit more foreground even at the expense of some of the sky, or perhaps even a slightly further back viewpoint?

etrump

Very cool composition Ed!

Excellent job, and my only nit suggestion would be that I might prefer to see a bit more foreground even at the expense of some of the sky, or perhaps even a slightly further back viewpoint?
Thanks Jack, I actually cropped the image for use as a desktop wallpaper I posted on my blog. The original has about 25% at the bottom. For some reason I thought it would look better with the same space above and below the crosses.

The original is closer to this:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Ed,

Speaking for me personally, I find the second version a stronger and more powerful composition...

:thumbs:

David K

Workshop Member

Just got my Rollei 180 AFD (courtesy of Son) and wanted to try it out before a model shoot tomorrow. Hope the girls come out this good :)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

David,
Beautiful look to that lens, but I have to say that your model is a dog.
-bob

David K

Workshop Member

David,
Beautiful look to that lens, but I have to say that your model is a dog.
-bob
Hey Bob... after I saw the comments about your model shots I thought it might be the prudent thing to post :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Agreed, that lens renders beautifully! Good luck on the shoot, and be sure to share some images!

etrump

Just got my Rollei 180 AFD (courtesy of Son) and wanted to try it out before a model shoot tomorrow. Hope the girls come out this good :)
Better than a few models I have seen posted lately. (Not here of course) :ROTFL:

Great technique too, you slightly over-exposed her skin (I mean fur!) to smooth it out. :)

David K

Workshop Member

You start shooting cats I am turning the lights off on this forum. LOL
No worries on that front from me... but you'd better watch out for Steve Hendrix :)

Ed,

Thanks for the kind words. You have a good eye to have noticed the "glamour" treatment to my dogs fur. I use a plug-in called Portraiture on a lot of my model shoots (big time saver for me) and wondered what it would do to this image. Smoothed out the fur and the background bokeh a bit. Maybe I can get some work shooting celebrity pets :)

For the third consecutive summer, I am teaching a basic photography class to local teenagers. Tuesday was studio lighting day. The kids loved it, and things got a bit chaotic in a fun way. I had my Phamiya, P25+, and 75-150 with me, but didn't have a chance to take many shots since I was attempting to stay ahead of the chaos. A few of the boys set up a big fan and enticed one of the adults to pose for them. I managed to snap the photo below. It's a technical mess, but I think it certainly qualifies as fun with MF:

--Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.