The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shelby Lewis

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Still deciding between this and another version...

Graham... love the lighting on her, but the people in the foreground, IMVHO, just kill this one. They look 'shopped into the photograph (and not well). If they aren't, it looks like some strange dodging and burning is going on that adds a "fakeness" to the shot. They look strangely out of scale as well... but lens choice could cause that i guess.

Beautiful girl, great capture of her. Just don't care for the audience.

I'm with guy on the feet :D

Frank Doorhof

@Graham,
Very nice.
Would have loved to see it without a public but I know the limitations.
On the other hand the public also enhances the shot.

@David,
It's only a 2 minute walk from our studio, and we can sometimes shoot there with a group :D

carstenw

Dragonfly

I was chasing this thing around for perhaps 15 minutes, starting far away, going closer, going closer, shooting at ISO 200 to get a shutter speed high enough for handheld, because it would move too often for a tripod. I took perhaps 30-35 shots, and in the end 5 were decent, only 2-3 actually sharp, and none really breathtakingly sharp. Still, I like this shot a lot.

Contax 645 AF, 120mm f/4 Macro, Sinar eMotion 54 LV.

View attachment 20869

Dale Allyn

Re: Dragonfly

I was chasing this thing around for perhaps 15 minutes, starting far away, going closer, going closer, shooting at ISO 200 to get a shutter speed high enough for handheld, because it would move too often for a tripod. I took perhaps 30-35 shots, and in the end 5 were decent, only 2-3 actually sharp, and none really breathtakingly sharp. Still, I like this shot a lot.

Contax 645 AF, 120mm f/4 Macro, Sinar eMotion 54 LV.

View attachment 20869
Carsten, I can relate. I have a set of butterfly images, not because I like to photograph butterflies, but because I tried to shoot one in my backyard and found myself chasing it around like a five-year-old. I ended up with a few decent shots and thought "there ought to be a set of these if there's to be any purpose in this"... I then ended up running around like a five-year-old in more than one country. Gad! What a dork. (And I've done a bit of it with dragonflies as well.) All of this was with a DSLR – not a MF rig. Now I'm redesigning my site and there's actually to be a butterfly set. Sheesh. :eek:

Keep it up.

jlm

Workshop Member

some more work with the rollei, these two with the 80mm lens, very sharp

second one is same ship they were painting in my last images

jlm

Workshop Member

a few from down in the drydock examining the rear propeller unit, shot with the 40 SA

David K

Workshop Member

Jim, love those shots, seems you are enjoying that Rollei kit.

Frank, great dramatic lighting, as usual from you.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

I don't post in this section very often, but I've very proud of these shots.

They are from the bodyscape series that I've reopened. I'm trying to decide which ones to add to my collection so I can get a book out to the gallery that carries two of these. I have a social selection web-page with all 17 candidates if anyone wants to chime in there with their opinion.

Phase One backs (30+ and 45+) on H bodies and Phase One Bodies. Generally the 120mm macro lens with each with some use of the wider lenses. Processing in C1, final retouching in Photoshop.

Doug Peterson
doug-peterson.com

J

jmvdigital

Great shots Doug!

Here are a few (I'll post more later) from a quick, impromptu shoot at an abandoned house. These first few are mostly texture shots. They are moody, and might look a little dark at these smaller sizes.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

:-(
I shot canon this weekend, otherwise I would have more to post on this forum.
-bob

S

Shelby Lewis

Candidate 14 has my vote.
No, I'll give it 2 votes, you are in Florida, right?
-bob
I agree... candidate 14 is beautiful. You'd swear it was a landscape in and of itself. Love the lighting.

Cold studio, huh?
:D:D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Doug:

Excellent series, and excellent processing -- kudos!

FWIW my favorite is #14 and I'd like to get a print! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.