The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanorbrown

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Bob, I was amazed that these old rusty broken trucks and cars "hold their color" as well as they do, sitting out in wind, snow, etc year after year. They age well!! :) Weeds love 'em!! Eleanor

Eleanor,
Your junked trucks out there are MUCH nicer than ours back East.
-bob

eleanorbrown

Ed, the Chugach area is a stunning place to visit. Have you been to the Wrangell St Elias Mountains? I chartered a small 4 seater plane out of mcCarthy with a pilot that let me open the window and shoot with no glass to hinder my lens. , (P45+) We flew over some of the most incredible areas of those mountains that go up to just over 18,000 feet. We were flying at about 12000 feet. Eleanor

Chugach State Park, Alaska:

eleanorbrown

More images of "Old rusty car/trucks in the landscape" series. This is all I'll post as I'm sure one can get tired of these! (I always love the bullet holes tho) eleanor

eleanor

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Eleanor,

WOW! What a great series of old, rusted vehicles!

woodyspedden

I too am a fan of old rusted cars and trucks (and I also live in Colorado) so I will have to get up to North Park cameras in hand.

In the meantime, here is a shot I took near my home in Fort Collins. I may have gotten a little too much processing but I wanted some drama and this was my take. Criticisms welcome (suggestions as well) Image taken with Hassy 503, 80mm lens and CFV back.

Woody

eleanorbrown

Woody I like the added drama in your b&w processing. I also have some of old rusty cars in the landscape done with my IR modified Canon that i've posed on the IR forum. Like the idea of contrasty black and white and I also shot recently in North Park area with the 14mm lens on the IR camera which adds distortion and more exaggerated drama. eleanor

I too am a fan of old rusted cars and trucks (and I also live in Colorado) so I will have to get up to North Park cameras in hand.

In the meantime, here is a shot I took near my home in Fort Collins. I may have gotten a little too much processing but I wanted some drama and this was my take. Criticisms welcome (suggestions as well) Image taken with Hassy 503, 80mm lens and CFV back.

Woody

S

Shelby Lewis

(snip...) I haven't quite been able to put my finger on the difference in my sensor plus shots and my Canon 5DII shots
I can tell you... after shooting canon and sony and then testing out the p30+.... AA or no AA the 5Dii just ain't all it's been touted to be except (for me) in low light, and it's what I shoot everyday. Pretty IQ, but just soul-less and lacking life. The more I shoot 35mm (with some exception to sony), the more I think the IQ is just like it's always been... that is, a very noticeable step below mf.

Sorry to blab and not post.... I've had a "bad canon week". :mad:

Nothing to see here. Move along... Move along...
Great stuff everyone!

S

Shelby Lewis

HI

Inspired by the beautiful pictures from Eleanor.

My fist posting.

http://www.Schwarzweissart.de
H3D-31
Detlef... what a wonderful sense of dimensional "roundness" in the truck body. I can almost reach out and touch it. Was this with something like a hassy 110/2? Such shallow but well defined depth-of-field and a smooooooth background.

Welcome aboard!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

The more I shoot 35mm (with some exception to sony), the more I think the IQ is just like it's always been... that is, a very noticeable step below mf.
You did read the warning underneath this forum's heading, right?

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Detlef_g

hi Eleanor, Shelby,

thanks for the warm welcome. I´m located in Germany, but the picture with the old car is taken two weeks ago around Cortez Arizona.
i used for the picture the 50..110 on my H3d-31.

Detlef

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

I have been gone for a few days and upon returning see so many wonderful new images in this thread. What a pleasure. Congrats to all!

bensonga

Excellent photos folks....I love those old abandoned cars and trucks. One of my favorite subjects too.

Here's one that's close to the end of it's productive life, but only for the right buyer. $8k? Maybe not. :)

Hasselblad 503CWD-II

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.