The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensonga

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Chugach State Park, Alaska:
Turnagain Arm sunset.....always a beautiful sight.....nicely done! I should take a drive down the Arm more often, since it's right in my backyard, so to speak.

Here's what the Chugach mountains look like on a clear winter day. This photo was taken from a Seward highway overlook near Girdwood.

Pentax 67.

Gary

Last edited:

eleanorbrown

Beautiful Gary. I love alaska...one of my favorite places!! Mountains I can't resist!! Here's some taken last summer with a Phase P45+, H2 and 80 HC lens from a single engine Cessna 172. The Pilot allowed me to open my window and shoot without glass covering my lens which allowed for greater definition and clarity. These are the Wrangell St. Elias Mountains in alaska that top out at just over 18,000 feet. We were flying at about 12,000 feet or a little over. amazing experience I'll never forget! Eleanor

etrump

Eleanor and Gary, incredible images.

We tried to drive out the McCarthy road and got three flats in an hour. That was the end of that day (after a few mile walk, ride into town, and waiting the rest of the day for the tire repair.) :)

Next time it will be by seaplane.

Loving the trashed vehicles. Wonderful!!

etrump

Here is one a little closer to home I took in light rain yesterday.

A famous hillbilly swimming hole in the Ozark National Forest.

Falling Water Creek Falls:

A few more views and much larger version on the blog.

All captured with P65+ and Cambo WRS kit.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Ed, that is gorgeous. Love the crop or stitched composition too ;)

bensonga

Great shots of the Wrangell mountains Eleanor....what a terrific opportunity that was!

Loved the shots of Falling Water Creek falls and swimming hole Ed. That Cambo setup is impressive.

Here's one I took this afternoon. Probably the last mushroom of the season. Some of you may have seen the pics I took of these Amarita Muscaria mushrooms with my Canon DSLR and macro lens over the More Fun with Canon thread. This one was taken with my Hasselblad 503CWD and Zeiss 120 Makro. This lonely mushroom never did grow much or open up....been like this for several days now. I think the temps are getting too cold at night. We had our first snow showers this morning, so Fall is quickly coming to an end here.

Unfortunately, I didn't nail the point of focus as well as I would have liked and the background is too busy, but this is my first attempt with the 120 macro.

Gary

eleanorbrown

Couldn't resist sending this one. Snow on Fall leaves. Trail by my house, Keystone, Colorado. First fall snow at 9300 feet. Phase 65+ H2 50 HC lens. Eleanor

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Wow Eleanor, so many wonderful images from you, very inspiring! Lots of nice things in that last image especially the colors which I find most captivating.

eleanorbrown

Thanks, and to think I am heading back to Houston this coming week....sigh. I was glad I got to see some autumn color and a little snow! eleanor

Wow Eleanor, so many wonderful images from you, very inspiring! Lots of nice things in that last image especially the colors which I find most captivating.

Dale Allyn

Couldn't resist sending this one. Snow on Fall leaves. Trail by my house, Keystone, Colorado. First fall snow at 9300 feet. Phase 65+ H2 50 HC lens. Eleanor
What a lovely "yard" you have in CO, Eleanor. And nicely captured as well. It's still ridiculously hot here in northern California. Thankfully we're to get a "cold snap" this week. It may drop to a daytime temp of 75º. Ugh.

Last year the Sierra fall colors were lack-luster because of weird weather, and according to some biologists, the extensive forrest fires' smoke.

Thanks for posting your refreshing image.

Stuart Richardson

Great photo Eleanor. We had our first snow on Saturday as well! We had flurries in the city (and 50mph winds), but it stuck in the mountains surrounding the city. No photos though, sorry!

fotografz

Great photo Eleanor. We had our first snow on Saturday as well! We had flurries in the city (and 50mph winds), but it stuck in the mountains surrounding the city. No photos though, sorry!
Yes, beautiful photo by Eleanor ... but yuck to snow and winter. It'll be here soon enough ... ugh!

Marc in Michigan ... "Winter Wonder Land" my A$$ ...

jlm

Workshop Member

love those babes in the sidecars; looks like they are having fun and the wheels seem to be moving!

Status
Not open for further replies.