The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Richardson

Re: Fun with MF images - Part 3

Lovely shot Jim!

Victor -- I believe that was about 30 seconds of exposure, but it was a few years ago, so I do not remember...as I said, it was balanced on a rock so I wanted to keep it as short as possible.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Stuart:

I really like you Aurora shot -- different than the typical ones I've seen and I like that! I don't know my night skies very well, especially that far North -- but is that the constellation Cancer (or maybe Hydra) by any chance?

Stuart Richardson

To tell you the truth Jack, I have no idea. As much as I like being out in the dark, I really don't know any of the constellations other than orion and the big and little dippers. I believe the shot was taken in January or February 2008 if that helps at all...
I am glad you like the shot though! Unfortunately we are at a 20 year low for auroral activity, so nothing much going on lately...I have only seen a couple small auroras this winter. But when it does happen, I like to try to compose it just like any other photograph -- it really helps to have something interesting in the rest of the image, rather than just a image of only the aurora itself.

carstenw

You don't even need to go that far north to see one; I once saw one a late summer evening in Toronto! It was just swirling around and moving in strange ways for about 15 minutes. I was absolutely riveted. I had never seen anything like it before. FTR, Toronto is only a little north of Rome, latitude-wise.

Don Libby

We made a speed run to the South Rim today in hopes of a decent sunset and lots of clouds tomorrow. This was taken at Mohave Point off Hermits Rest Road this evening. Cambo WRS1000;P45+;Schneider 72mm lens. Two shot pano using 15mm movements. ISO 100, F/11 1/250.

More later tomorrow.

Don

JimCollum

Felton, Ca.

will be my new Hometown.

Aptus 75s (all shot wide open)

Zeiss 50mm/2.8 Distagon

Zeiss 110/2 Planar

Mamiya 80mm/1.9

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday's post. H3D 39 + HC 35-90@50.

+1! Love the feel of this one Woody, the lines all square and true with the random water towers and window AC units adding interest. But the thing that aces it IMO is the bridge peeking through the background -- PERFECT!

PS: Also this image speaks incredibly well for the new zoom! (I am guessing it'll see a lot of use on the workshop :D) I wish I had something similar for the Mamiya system...

:thumbs:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Felton, Ca.

will be my new Hometown.

Aptus 75s (all shot wide open)

Zeiss 50mm/2.8 Distagon

Jim, like this one a lot. I was actually surprised to learn how many older covered bridges still exist in CA -- over 50, but maybe half of them are private/commercial. I recently found a "real" one I didn't know about in the Central valley outside of Waterford. I have plans to go photograph it in fog on my next day trip out :D. Is this the one at Roaring Camp or Graham Hill?​

Don Libby

Pipe Creek Vista, South Rim Grand Canyon. Cambo WRS-1000; P45+; Schneider 120mm 20mm movements. Two shot pano. Taken about 90 minutes prior to sunset.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.