The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
A shot out the window. Sometimes I just like cocking and firing the shutter. APO Digitar 47mm.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
That's the key, Man. Just keep shooting for yourself. Take what criticism you can get, both good and bad and choose to listen to what you feel is truly relevant. I have this belief that I have long adhered to and it came from years of trying to make photographs that I thought people might like... If I make images that honestly speak to and satisfy my own soul, then others will find value in them because in the end we are all intrinsically and inexplicably connected through our common humanity and because of that, despite our preconceptions and prejudices we will, in the end, understand one another.

I do enjoy that these forums bring together varied levels of talents and experience, because the more you segment yourself the less you can learn... therefore the greater the exposure the greater the possibility for dialogue.

AND... you know what's funny? You might not think your work "my cup of tea" because my own work has little to do with people... but I secretly envy those who can do great portraiture and fashion. The response can be so much more visceral, the connection more satisfying when the subject is humanity.

Cheers,
CB
Very well said Chris .

I try to do so since quite some time , because I am fedup with all these comments like "you should choose an other standpoint , you should bring in more green , you should wait for sunset , you should . . . . " .
Then I used to say , ok. . . . go and do so . Never ever saw a result .

I shoot for myself and don't care if others like what I do or not .
That does not exclude "constructive" criticism , no , that is welcome .

Lets start to do so here and now .

Jürgen

Professional

Very well said Chris .

I try to do so since quite some time , because I am fedup with all these comments like "you should choose an other standpoint , you should bring in more green , you should wait for sunset , you should . . . . " .
Then I used to say , ok. . . . go and do so . Never ever saw a result .

I shoot for myself and don't care if others like what I do or not .
That does not exclude "constructive" criticism , no , that is welcome .

Lets start to do so here and now .

Jürgen
Yes, i agree, "Let's start to do so here and now".

Don Libby

Took this the second night at Moab near Dead Horse State Park. The previous night was even better with storm clouds however I had left the P45+ sitting back in the room and only had the M9. This was taken with the Cambo WRS1000, P45+ Schneider 120mm short barrel 2-shot pano (20mm shifts). One of the first images processed in CS5. Yeah I know the sky still needs work...

Don

S

Shelby Lewis

I have this little joke with myself. After 20 something years of making photographs, I like to think that I am no longer capable of making a bad photograph. There's a lot of silly egoism in that, but there's also truth to the matter. If you really feel like your work is not "up to snuff" just give yourself time. If you keep making photographs and most importantly keep looking at photographs you will eventually find your vision. The problem is, or the problem I have is, no matter how good your work is, you may never find it to be good enough. Then again, there is motivation to be found in dissatisfaction.

-CB
:):):)

I find, now, that I know what I want to capture... and I have a sense of what a good photograph (for me) will look like. It's having the patience to craft it that makes the difference, and of course, the will to stand by what moves me.

If I can just stick to my guns, I almost always like what I get... it's when I "fracture" myself that I seem to be the most disappointed.

Great work guys... as an architect, musician, and photographer... I love everything you guys post. I find it all "sings" in one way or another.

O

Optechs Digital

Tereq,

Thanks for that picture! That closeup really makes me smile. Nice One.

Thanks,
Paul

Double Negative

Not Available
Great shot, Tareq - especially the crop! I grew up with parakeets as a kid, and had quite a few over the years. Later I ended up with a cockatiel, which unfortunately was not hand-fed... That was a huge mistake!

Now I have two cats... No birds. :D

Professional

Great shot, Tareq - especially the crop! I grew up with parakeets as a kid, and had quite a few over the years. Later I ended up with a cockatiel, which unfortunately was not hand-fed... That was a huge mistake!

Now I have two cats... No birds. :D
I grew up with cats, dogs, parrots, even we have ducks and turtles, and i remember i was having fun with hens and a cow, oh my, all those memories are gone and saved in my head only. :(

zonevt

I have been busy using my new 645DF, Phase One 40+ system for commercial assignments so I have not been posting images. I got a chance the other day to take some personal photos I can share, an environmental portrait of my two grand children (taken on an overcast afternoon day with 120D mounted on a tripod) and a red maple, late afternoon warm lighting, with 80mm Schneider lens. The last photo is a location portrait of an IBM Fellow holding a 300mm semiconductor wafer, also with the 80mm Schneider lens......Tom.

Lloyd

I have been busy using my new 645DF, Phase One 40+ system for commercial assignments so I have not been posting images. I got a chance the other day to take some personal photos I can share, an environmental portrait of my two grand children (taken on an overcast afternoon day with 120D mounted on a tripod) and a red maple, late afternoon warm lighting, with 80mm Schneider lens. The last photo is a location portrait of an IBM Fellow holding a 300mm semiconductor wafer, also with the 80mm Schneider lens......Tom.
Beautiful images, Tom. I particularly like that portrait of your grandsons. :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.