The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analog6

P Chong - I love the gymnast set, particularly the last one. Her lovely expression helps.

I went on a 3 week + trip to New Zealand and part of it was a Landscape Photography workshop run by QCCP. It has made me look at things differently and I have been experimenting with B&W.

Analog6

Lovely work. I have gone a delicate shade of green!

Oh, well, here is one I've been working on taken with my humble equipment (H2, PhaseOnep20, 80mm)

Last edited:
S

SCHWARZZEIT

Jack, the Roadside Waterfall is nice but the Glacial Runoff is amazing, really beautiful work. I especially like that pastel color palette.

-Dominique

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys! I have printed both up as portfolio proofs and they look pretty darn good to me too, so for sure some large prints of them will be in order.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here is a 12 frame pano stitch from the P65+. I used the 75-150 zoom at 75mm mounted vertically in the head and swept a dozen overlapping frames as quickly as possible since the clouds were moving fast and I knew the shadows on the water would be difficult for the software to match. I used Autopano Giga to assemble the 12 frames which handled the blend perfectly, then cropped approximately the outer edge 2 frames off. What I'm left with is then about 10 overlapping frames for about 5 net frames side-by-side, creating this pano that is approximately 300MP and 2 gigs in size when flattened. At 360 PPI, it will print almost 2 feet by 8 feet natively with stunning print detail. I've got a bit of minor editing left before I print it.

Click the thumb to get a 1200 px version, then once more for a 2400 px wide version:

Here it is in a quick B&W. What's interesting is I kind of prefer this version:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jack - the colors in Roadside Waterfall are really splendid! And it is not just those luscious 'Dalsa Greens', the reds, browns, and blues are just right as well. Wonderfully framed - very inspiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.