The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Couple more from this month. Colorado and South Carolina. I'm into panoramics these days cuz they sell well and I need to beef up my portfolio.

Same rig as usual, Cambo, P65+, 35mm XL and 72mm L

and D3x for fun:

Last edited:

etrump

I'm currently working on some older images from last year and ran across this one. Two-shot pano using my Cambo WRS/P45+ and CS5 with Viveza 2. I forgot the lens but feel it might be the 35mm.

Don
Don, Awesome image, the B&W works fantastic for this light.

Who did you use as a guide in the Canyon? I want to shoot there but have heard you need the right guide to make it worthwhile.

Ed

Very Nice Landscapes on this page, So many landscape Photographers on here :D My camera came last week so I headed down south here in Western Aus to give it a work out, I love the subtle tones the camera picks up its amazing.

All Shot with H4D-40 and 35-90mm

Professional

Very Nice Landscapes on this page, So many landscape Photographers on here :D My camera came last week so I headed down south here in Western Aus to give it a work out, I love the subtle tones the camera picks up its amazing.

Amazing, i love the colors, nice scenes, making me happy that i have a MF camera, just hope i can use it much more for similar works as yours, i am also a landscape photographer but i don't have that amazing landscape in my country to shoot, but i will do that when i travel.

Please, post more, your work is amazing.

Don Libby

Don, Awesome image, the B&W works fantastic for this light.

Who did you use as a guide in the Canyon? I want to shoot there but have heard you need the right guide to make it worthwhile.

Ed
Thank you Ed. This shot was taken from the overlook.

Ken Doo had flown into AZ and I met him in Chinle AZ we ended up staying at (I think) the Best Western. I drove up from Tucson in my (then) new Jeep and used that for crawling around the canyon. We were fortunate to find a good guide in Timothy Halwood, owner, Twin Trail Scenic Tours; you have a choose of using your vehicle of there's and i opted on using mine. You can find the blog entry here as well as on Ken's blog. There were some places we couldn't reach like the base of Spider Rock because of high water so a return trip is needed/scheduled as I want to shoot from the base.

Let me know if/when you plan to go there as it's only a 4-hour drive for me.

Don

Don Libby

http://img155.imageshack.us/i/treeweb.jpg/
Great captures Will! I used to do a lot of work in and around the east and Gold Coast but never made it out west.

etrump

Great looks Will, do you stay out west or cover the whole country? I'm heading that way next year and need some itinerary help.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Will,

great shots!

This is one of the reasons I choose the H System, because subtile colors are just coming out of the box (more or less) without much need to post process. Natural Color - as Hasselblad calls it.

Really love that.

How happy are you with your H4D40 True Focus capabilities?

Peter

gogopix

Subscriber
xpixel

again, nice shot

but where's the BUG? :)

Victor

PS Have you tried similar shots with the 180 or 35? Just to add some drama. The WA can produce some interesting effects in quasi-macro mode.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Very nice look to these

etrump

Mine too Jack, the light on the peaks provides a nice counterpoint to the diffused light on the forest below (IMHO).

Paratom

I find all three wonderfull. Browsing through this thread after some time makes me motivated to use my MF-gear again after just using some other (lazy) equipment for a couple of weeks.

Couple more from this month. Colorado and South Carolina. I'm into panoramics these days cuz they sell well and I need to beef up my portfolio.

Same rig as usual, Cambo, P65+, 35mm XL and 72mm L

and D3x for fun:

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
First field trip with my new Alpa setup. Nothing spectacular, but a couple of nice things. I enjoyed the experience and challenge of using the system, and was really pleased with the sharpness of the files even into the corners.

Alpa 12max, Schneider 47mm XL, PhaseOne p65+

Status
Not open for further replies.