The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotografz

Great shots guys! In particular, I really like the first horse shot Graham -- excellent lighting. Here is an older one which I am sure some of you have seen, but I figured I would throw it in here.

The thing that impresses me most about the 203FE is the exposure -- it is just spot on all the time. Shooting slide film with it is so easy compared to other cameras...other than the M7, which also does it. I think they both have similar metering areas...
Gotta agree with you about the 203FE Stuart. One of the best in-camera TTL meters I've ever encountered. Since you started with the film thing ... might as well ...

A couple from a series about small town America, and the "simulated" small town feel that I've doing over time ... all on film, mostly with the 203FE .../ in this case with the 50/2.8FE.

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Some really great stuff here. Graham, that first shot with the girl and horse in the water... outstanding. Doug, glad you're enjoying the Aptus 75S... nice to be able to say "I told you so... " :)

gogopix

Subscriber
Doug
they are really great, when the processing is right. The main advantage, other than 30x40 prints! is that there is virtially no sharpening since the screen or print resolution includes all four colors; that is, often even though the file has interpolation what you see has really sgarp edges natuarally. It was the first thing I noticed with 8x10 and smaller.

I could live with that Aptus back :D

D

DougDolde

Some really great stuff here. Graham, that first shot with the girl and horse in the water... outstanding. Doug, glad you're enjoying the Aptus 75S... nice to be able to say "I told you so... " :)
Yes and by the way Leaf Capture 11 is really nice. :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
What are we looking at?
and what was it motivated you to take this?
Victor:

In California, along a secluded stretch of coastline, we have a nuclear power plant. It uses the nearby ocean for it's cooling pond, taking in sea water from a half-kilometer up-current and then discharging it down-current near the power plant. Where this shot is taken is at the discharge station, and what the area looks like.

Cheers,

gogopix

Subscriber
looks like salt that killed vegetation (or something an Alien with diarrhea would leave behind!)

it would be funny if it were not so sad.

Terry

Victor:

In California, along a secluded stretch of coastline, we have a nuclear power plant. It uses the nearby ocean for it's cooling pond, taking in sea water from a half-kilometer up-current and then discharging it down-current near the power plant. Where this shot is taken is at the discharge station, and what the area looks like.

Cheers,
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: I can't stop laughing.

Sorry Victor Jack will have to explain why I am laughing so hard. I've gone out shooting with Jim.

Stuart Richardson

Beautiful images James. I must say, however, that your gallery makes it hard for me to look at them. I am on a broadband connection, but each image takes 15-20 seconds to load and change...it is a bit of a problem. At least they are worth the wait!

JimCollum

Beautiful images James. I must say, however, that your gallery makes it hard for me to look at them. I am on a broadband connection, but each image takes 15-20 seconds to load and change...it is a bit of a problem. At least they are worth the wait!
thank you.

i've noticed over the past few days, the performance from that server has been suffering. i've sent an email off to the admin to see what's up. i hope that will be fixed shortly

jim

fotografz

thank you.

i've noticed over the past few days, the performance from that server has been suffering. i've sent an email off to the admin to see what's up. i hope that will be fixed shortly

jim
Loads quickly for me Jim.

Nice images. :clap:

I think I prefer the B&W to the duotone ones. Have you any of those done in cold tones? Or is that to obvious?

Stuart Richardson

Graham, how did you fix the eyes? It looks very seamless. Did you photograph her again, or did you have another shot where they were more of less in the right position?

Status
Not open for further replies.