The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice photos on this page! Jlm the 35-90mm is a supurb lens isn't it!
Some pictures Ive taken from the past few weeks or so, all taken with H4D-40 and 35-90mm first two are 3 image stitches cropped.

cheers
Will.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Will, I really like the compositions, especially #1 and #3! FWIW, and it may be my monitor, but the sky looks pretty cyan in #3...

jlm

Workshop Member
will;

very nice, and the lens is becoming my fave.
looks good in your #2 against flare as well.

jm

Paul Spinnler

A storm formed over Mono Lake as we were returning from Bodie. P65+, 80LS, 4-frame stitch:

Absolutely stunning, Jack! Well-framed and printed in large format this image must be amazing!

What do you mean by 4-frame stitch - do u do this free-standing by hand and just let photoshop do the work? I thought one needs a pano-head to do these kinds of things.

Again, this image must be beautiful when printed!

Regards

Paul

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Couple from Mono Lake

This one shot with P40+ and 28mm for 4 seconds Iso 50

Here is a interesting one for 30 seconds and also shot a few for a minute with no noise issues. 80mm LS

Yes both Jack and I shot similar shots and we are both banding a little. We tend to lean towards the blue being out of gamut on this specific color. We will try when both get home on our big wide gamut monitors

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Last one before i start the 900 mile trip home. Catch everyone soon.

Mono Lake 5 stitch Pano. Not sure I like it though

ceh

very nice photos on this page! Jlm the 35-90mm is a supurb lens isn't it!
Some pictures Ive taken from the past few weeks or so, all taken with H4D-40 and 35-90mm first two are 3 image stitches cropped.

cheers
Will.
...amazing:thumbup:
West Tatras

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely stunning, Jack! Well-framed and printed in large format this image must be amazing!

What do you mean by 4-frame stitch - do u do this free-standing by hand and just let photoshop do the work? I thought one needs a pano-head to do these kinds of things.

Again, this image must be beautiful when printed!

Regards

Paul
Thanks Paul! The stitch is done simply with my Cube, though any head with a panning top will work equally well: Simply level the head and pan the camera. I overlap each frame by about 50%. So in the above example, the four frames equal one frame tall by about 2-1/2 total wide, and since i had the camera vertical, it rendered that aspect ratio.

1) These frames are captured at the identical exposure and focus settings;

2) the frames were then processed with identical settings in my raw converter (C1);

3) then the processed files were brought into CS5 stitched using the "Photomerge" tool;

4) that merge was then cropped and locally edited in CS5 to what you see here.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.