The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tetsrfun

View from the highest peak in the midwest:

Cambo, P65+, Schneider 24mm
Great picture!!! Looks like a tree at the top of MT. Magazine, however that isn't the highest point in the mid-West..so I don't know where that is.

Steve

djonesii

Workshop Member
Some from my last shoot ......

ZD back 80mm or 150mm neat image on first two

These were shot under daylight balance florescent, where as I typically shoot under strobes. All at ISO 400, where this back works the worst. Still does a much better job than the D300.

If you care to look at the whole set, drop me a note at
djonesii at yahoo dot com

Dave

ggriswold

I have been lurking this thread for a while and decided it was time to post a few shots. All P40+ Mamiya shots except the Jet and Rail Crossing which was P21+. Getting to know my way around new Cambo RS... more to come. I was just selected to have 9 photographs in the PhotoNOLA Currents show this year. If you have been wanting to come to New Orleans it is a 2 week Photo event with shows and lectures all across town. Weather is 60-70 degrees. Event is sponsored by The New Orleans Photo Alliance.
Not sure how to post bigger files, but will look into that.

Thanks,
George

Edit: Added Black and White of Blue Angel. P21+.

Last edited:

ggriswold

Yep, no aspens in Louisiana. I like to journey out for unusual scenes.... walking for pictures. Sometimes I come back with not a single shot, but live for the surprises. I suppose at some point there will be a swamp outing for me, but landscapes are not really my thing. Great photography of the swamps has been done by CC Lockwood... the Ansel Adams of the genre.

The store window was actually taken with Cambo RS the second day I had it (just two weeks ago). That camera is as easy to use any MF I have used. Dial in exposure, corrections... there you are! Just don't forget that LCC with the 24mm! Window shot was taken with Rodenstock 45mm.

etrump

Great picture!!! Looks like a tree at the top of MT. Magazine, however that isn't the highest point in the mid-West..so I don't know where that is.

Steve
It is from Mt. Mag. Steve. Where in Midwest is it higher? I could have been mistaken.

T

tetsrfun

It is from Mt. Mag. Steve. Where in Midwest is it higher? I could have been mistaken.
Again, that is a spectacular image....What is mid-West? however, a few examples..AR Mt Mag-2753'. OK Black Mesa 4973', KS Mt. Sunflower 4039', NB White Bluff 3506, SD Harney Point 5424', etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_elevation

I doubt if any of those places have a better view than that of the Arkansas river valley, at sunset, in the Fall, from the top of Magazine Mountain.

Steve

Dale Allyn

I've been away for a while (head down on a startup project), stepping back in to have a peak is a real treat. Some really beautiful work being posted. Thanks, all, for posting.

Cheers,

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.