The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Again, that is a spectacular image....What is mid-West? however, a few examples..AR Mt Mag-2753'. OK Black Mesa 4973', KS Mt. Sunflower 4039', NB White Bluff 3506, SD Harney Point 5424', etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_elevation

I doubt if any of those places have a better view than that of the Arkansas river valley, at sunset, in the Fall, from the top of Magazine Mountain.

Steve
Well said Steve. It depends heavily on my personal definition of Midwest and I should have been more specific. I think of the more westerly peaks as part of the Rockies. Here in Arkansas we take some liberty with our terminology :D.

Thank you for the kind words, Mt. Mag is a 2.5 hour drive from my home and on my weekly trek around the state this time of year. The real color has still not popped but I doubt I'll do any better, maybe ever. This was shot 15 minutes after sunset and I was fortunate to catch an evening with everything working together like that. It was my last exposure of the day.

That's what I love about landscape photography, experiences like that are simply magical.

rem

We building our new livingroom below the roof. In the meantime i used it once as my new atelier;-) H4d-40 35-90mm

SergeiR

Love the pose and setting! (but find the window distracting...)
;) window there to offset fake fireplace (rectangle - rectangle), and to create diagonal. Without it it composition will be offbalance too much for me taste. And as it is - curves work against corners and rectangles, adding more snake-ishness to it ;) But then its just me..

But i need to ponder on this, actually. May be you right and i ought to just clone it out in photoshop. Thanks :)

etrump

Beautiful model, nice pose and I like the color scheme. I'm with Jack on the window Sergei. The blinds visually touching the model is bothersome but more important, the blue outside distracts from the great color and tonalities inside.

rem

a walk to the hometown., H4d-40 HC 80mm. The sun was already gone. The second is 1h later with 400iso. You see the Eiger/Eigernordwand, Mönch and Jungfrau. Where I have a shoot this Friday:)

Status
Not open for further replies.