The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeiR

It's precisely that ghostly look that I found so appealing.
ah ;) i just do remember short story about couple of "autumn" flies crawling about window, that i read like 20-odd years ago. Imprinted in me mind - was pretty good one, on how you shouldn't ever give up.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hello! This site is fantastic! I'm getting back to landscapes. I loved my old Pentax 67 gear, but it's long gone. I'm feeling the draw of MF again, and this thread is all the motivation I could hope for.

Best,

Matt

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Like Guy, I am working with a new B&W technique. Here is a rework of the Mono Lake Squall I posted earlier. This is actually a 2 image stitch, shot a few minutes earlier than the prior image with a wider lens. Based on feedback, I have revised my crop too:

jlm

Workshop Member
jack:

crop looks good, like the diagonal leading into the light and the skimming light on the foreground hill is nicely emphasized. are you getting a true black in the very center? this image looks like it wants to be full range, ...almost

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Good catch John: There is true black, but it's not that hill in the background center. It's actually the darkest shadows along the island at the left and the mountain far right and the foreground tree shadows.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
These are old (very), but they *were* taken with a Yashica 6x6 and a Pentax 67. First is Mt. Auburn Cemetary in Cambridge, Mass.

Here is a view of Chinatown in Manhattan.

Thanks for looking,

Matt

PeterL

Like Guy, I am working with a new B&W technique. Here is a rework of the Mono Lake Squall I posted earlier. This is actually a 2 image stitch, shot a few minutes earlier than the prior image with a wider lens. Based on feedback, I have revised my crop too:

Great tones in this one, and I like the new crop. This is better than your earlier ones, I think.:clap:

Cheers, -Peter

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
So don't hold us in suspense, Jack - what new B&W technique? Educate us!

It is certainly most effective!

Bill
Hi Bill,

I *promise* to share, but it has to be when the time is right --- probably still a few weeks off yet. I will give you a hint though, and that is that the two posted images are "split-toned" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.