The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Hi, it's my first post here in this great thread.

Scanner-Camera, Schneider Beta-Variogon 75-150 @ 75 - f/8
Captured at 1200dpi-24bit color. reduced to 600dpi B/W in CS5, cropped, and color graded to sepia-look.

It was meant as a test shot, and had a lot of dust on the sensor which can be seen in full-res as some strange horizontal lines and stripes.
Beautiful image, Dario. Welcome to the thread.

mvirtue

From a shoot at the Walnut Hill School for the Arts

-bob
Nice!

Very nice Bob... my wife has a ballet/tap and gymnastics school, so I hope to be doing some of this type of photography - I have taken shots for submission for application for admission to ballet schools, but I do not have permission to post them.

Do you use shutter-beams for this type of work?
Do you mean like a remote trigger? I don't. Most of the dancers that I know I can get their timing within two shots. If I've never met them it might take a bit longer.

Pardon the following two images as they are taken with a 1DsIII not a MFDB. I've yet to play with my RZ with a dancer doing jumps. It would be the same, pre-focus where I want them to be at apex and time the shutter lag so they hit the apex. The lag will be higher than my Canon.

Dick, you're lucky in that you'll have a built in critique from a dance teacher. Over the last 5 years I've learned a lot about dance, and what I though was a good picture, was actually lousy technique that no dance school should really put up on the wall. I've actually found several parents would judge the school by the shots of the students that are up on the walls.

Don Libby

I captured this last year in New Mexico and just this morning decided to start working with it using a combination of C1 Pro 6.1 and CS5. Taken with the Cambo WRS1000 and P45+ and right now I haven't the foggiest idea which lens but feel it might be the Schneider 72.

Cheers

Don

SergeiR

RZ67 + 50mm + Aptus 54s.

5 shots vertical stich, fixed (and therefore shifting, as camera tilts) focus plane.

Just though it would be fun. Stiched in Photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.