The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shelby Lewis

I can finally post in this thread!

My Daughter (Aptus II 6, 80/2.8D):

Cheers!

SergeiR

Has a lovely “colour pencil” feel to it.
This is freakishly popular spot to shoot seniors and bridals in Las Colinas, TX.
They unfortunately repainted front of it - where we see its almost white - used to be texture like everything else about year ago.

SergeiR

Oh and to add to the growing number of portraits ;)

RZ + Aptus 54s + 110/2.8 + Ranger + chineese made cheapo beauty dish 22" with grid (i mean come on.. its living hell to find grid for EL dishes and they cost arm and left kidney.. and i already planning to sell mine to get IQ160)..

mvirtue

(i mean come on.. its living hell to find grid for EL dishes and they cost arm and left kidney.. and i already planning to sell mine to get IQ160)
I'm using the Adorama Flashpoint 27" grid with my EL. I have to attach it with really large binder clips but it holds and works. Keep the kidney for the IQ, sell off a couple of toes or something for the custom grid.

SergeiR

I'm using the Adorama Flashpoint 27" grid with my EL. I have to attach it with really large binder clips but it holds and works. Keep the kidney for the IQ, sell off a couple of toes or something for the custom grid.
hmmm.. :) toes - i need them. You cant really walk well without them :)
But you right - i have not thought about clipping other grids to them. Oh well. Too late for me for now. But thanks for idea - i might use it in future.

S

Shelby Lewis

Oh and to add to the growing number of portraits ;)

RZ + Aptus 54s + 110/2.8 + Ranger + chineese made cheapo beauty dish 22" with grid (i mean come on.. its living hell to find grid for EL dishes and they cost arm and left kidney.. and i already planning to sell mine to get IQ160)..

Nice portrait... the RZ is next on my list. :eek:

S

Shelby Lewis

Raining today, so I shot from under a freeway overpass near the University Lakes here at LSU. Some abstracts... darkish. All handheld.

Aptus II 6 - 210 f/4 ULD

And a badly underexposed high-iso image (iso 200 :D), pushed a few stops. Noisy, but still has a little of that "certain something": Might work in b/w (or might just be a learning experience!)

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks Carlos and Bill!

Carlos... AFDIII (same as PhaseOne AF). Slow and steady.

etrump

I captured this last year in New Mexico and just this morning decided to start working with it using a combination of C1 Pro 6.1 and CS5. Taken with the Cambo WRS1000 and P45+ and right now I haven't the foggiest idea which lens but feel it might be the Schneider 72.

Cheers

Don
Nice!

I'm seeing this as a b&w using the new presets in C1v6.

etrump

RZ67 + 50mm + Aptus 54s.

5 shots vertical stich, fixed (and therefore shifting, as camera tilts) focus plane.

Just though it would be fun. Stiched in Photoshop.

Image has an interesting feel to it. Great color, light and composition. I'm wishing the tilt was corrected though.

mediumcool

Revisiting test shots I made in the backyard a month ago after receiving an old Mamiya 35mm lens from eBay US. AFD/Aptus 22.

Green on green gets pretty dreary in a hurry, so I started making monochrome conversions in C1, which I am finding terrific for this purpose (still on v5.2 and using two presets/styles: B&W Panchromatic for a darker look, B&W Yellow Filter for more of a glow, particularly with foliage). All shot wide open. I haven’t corrected for the considerable barrel distortion as it helps the central area of the frame “push out” towards the viewer. Field curvature makes for some interesting effects too.

Lots of vignetting and messing with Clarity to smooth backgrounds!

I can title this one: “Grape Vine”. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.