The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Jim, ddk
Love those shots.
The horseman may be the forcing function that gets me into a MF back (maybe even a lowly P25)
and ddk, I second Jim's remark :)
I have never met a nude on a fire escape that I didn't like.
-bob

D

ddk

The Stairway...

Thank you gents for kind words, much appreciated!

david

BJNY

Beautiful images made with your Horseman, Jim.
Any desire for the Alpa Max, or the Cambo RS
or does the Horseman do everything you need?
Thanks,
Billy

JimCollum

Holy Moly Jim, that may be my favorite interior so far.

I'd love to get you to Detroit for some industrial stuff.

Ever see Michael Kenna's images of the Ford Rouge Steel Plant?

http://www.michaelkenna.net/html/books/rouge/index.html
I love Kenna's work.. have a large number of his books (although i don't have the Steel Plant one yet.. )

I'd *love* to get to Detroit to shoot the Steel plant.. actually anything industrial, old, decaying, etc :)

JimCollum

Beautiful images made with your Horseman, Jim.
Any desire for the Alpa Max, or the Cambo RS
or does the Horseman do everything you need?
Thanks,
Billy
The Horseman is the only one I've had my hands on and tried (and then found one on ebay). I imagine the geared movements might be nice.. although i'm not sure how much they'd slow me down for shift stitches. the only gotcha i've found so far with the Horseman, has been the danger of loosening the vertical knob when the back is fully raised.. if you don't have a hold of the back, it can be an abrupt stop for it when it hits the bottom of the movement.

Maybe one of these workshops will have the Alpa or Cambo available.

jim

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The Horseman is the only one I've had my hands on and tried (and then found one on ebay). I imagine the geared movements might be nice.. although i'm not sure how much they'd slow me down for shift stitches. the only gotcha i've found so far with the Horseman, has been the danger of loosening the vertical knob when the back is fully raised.. if you don't have a hold of the back, it can be an abrupt stop for it when it hits the bottom of the movement.

Maybe one of these workshops will have the Alpa or Cambo available.

jim
No question we can have them at the next workshop. I am sitting here waiting for my Horseman today , after seeing what you have been doing Jim, I am really excited about getting one. Man this stuff is fun

Jim like everyone else these are just spectacular , i think you found your niche my friend.

JimCollum

No question we can have them at the next workshop. I am sitting here waiting for my Horseman today , after seeing what you have been doing Jim, I am really excited about getting one. Man this stuff is fun

Jim like everyone else these are just spectacular , i think you found your niche my friend.

thanks!, now i just need to figure out how to turn that niche into a paying career :)

Status
Not open for further replies.