The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

My first post on this thread. I thought other users of MF cameras might enjoy it. I got the 645D primarily as a landscape camera and have been quite pleased. It would not be my first choice for wildlife, but I had an opportunity to shoot some waterfowl yesterday. I would have been better off with a 35mm system and a stabilized telephoto, but the 645D and a hand-held 400mm lens was what I had. I am quite pleased with the results using the “wrong tool” for the job. Red Breasted Merganser and silhouette of a Coot.
N.B Frames 1 and 2 are the same duck as he swallows a fish which appeared to be about 10% of his body weight

Guy: The Death Valley shots are wonderful

Ebe

Wayne;
Excellent shot of the Devil's Golf Course
Wanted to get to Death Valley this year, but it didn't hapen.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Death Valley-Three shot Pano with P40+ 80mm LS lens at F11. This file is 17 x 63 inches. :D Wanna buy a print.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Posting this more for some folks wanted to see the new 35mm D lens from Phase and thought this maybe a good example of it. Shot at F11

I forgot to mention this is with a P65+. I shot 3 backs pretty consistently for the week. P40+,P65+ and the IQ 180. Okay i feel kind of guilty on my gear slutness here. LOL

End of day you can't go wrong with either of them and YES you can see the detail increase as you go up the ladder. Yes as owner of the P40+ I am NOT on the porch with the Big boys but I'm still eating steak. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Thought I would post this again since i went back in and replaced the sky on this focus stack with 5 frames with the IQ 180 back as i got some ghosting in the clouds. Again this is with the 35mm D lens. BTW i handheld this.

Professional

I forgot to mention this is with a P65+. I shot 3 backs pretty consistently for the week. P40+,P65+ and the IQ 180. Okay i feel kind of guilty on my gear slutness here. LOL

End of day you can't go wrong with either of them and YES you can see the detail increase as you go up the ladder. Yes as owner of the P40+ I am NOT on the porch with the Big boys but I'm still eating steak. LOL
SHOW OFF!!! :D:D:D

In fact after getting that Hassy 60 i don't see there is a big need for 80mp or even 100mp when it will be available, i was happy with 39mp and as a hobbyist i was blown away of the quality of MF, so for me 40-60mp is more than what i need, the problem here is most of you talking about how amazing those 80+ backs and for prints they are superior and making us to dismiss our 40 or 60mp, so i wish by now that people don't talk about how more mp are the cameras there even they are damn amazing, i just want to see more samples and photos, if most of you upgrade from 40 and 60 to 80 and showing how amazing those 80mp even 40-60 were perfect as well then we feel so sad to have 40/60 and can't upgrade, i feel more happy if i go to Canon forum and see people posting amazing photos from 6/8mp cameras up to 21mp and never talking about how superior those 1series over xxxD, just post photos and don't talk about 1000mp camera used to take the photos.

Guy Mancuso

Honestly I'm still amazed by my 40+. I actually have a hard time going higher in my own justification dept. No question I'm a pig and want more but my wallet says I am doing just fine. More Mpx certainly won't make me any better than I am today. As long as your in MF than it just becomes a want after 40mpx. The need is already meet for me.

Professional

Honestly I'm still amazed by my 40+. I actually have a hard time going higher in my own justification dept. No question I'm a pig and want more but my wallet says I am doing just fine. More Mpx certainly won't make me any better than I am today. As long as your in MF than it just becomes a want after 40mpx. The need is already meet for me.
We are in same boat, we always want more, even if we say we don't need, i am also a pig gear or gearholic, but i am with you, any MF even that ZD producing high resolution quality, i myself feel i don't deserve any MF as i am not good enough to be at that MF level yet, but i am very happy to have one, i think this 60mp will hold for me long time i hope, maybe later one day if i have money and there is an upgrade program than i may think about it, in fact Phase One dealer here asked me that i can get IQ180 with 60% discount over H4D-60, but this is really so quick to upgrade as i traded-in my H3DII and still paying for H4D-60, to me if i will upgrade because you do that then will never help me and i will be always behind you, so i decided that i got one camera that still many dream to get and i have now to grow up to higher level than now, hope i can do something to make this MF worthy.

BlasR

Here is one from Zabriskie, with H3D-50

Guy you should keep your 40, in wait until price come down with the Q thing

I learn to wait. Even I have the 60. anything the come up, I just enjoy others for now.

BlasR

2jbourret

Guy, Tareq,
Myself, I am just happy to see the IQ's come on the market, as it means that with all the upgrading going on, I'll be able to find a traded P45+ to replace my P30. In the end, every body's happy!

Guy Mancuso

Here is one from Zabriskie, with H3D-50

Guy you should keep your 40, in wait until price come down with the Q thing

I learn to wait. Even I have the 60. anything the come up, I just enjoy others for now.

BlasR
I actually have the IQ 140 on order at the moment. Have to figure if I want a P65 instead. Most likely will come down to the almighty dollar. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Professional

I will buy Phase One in the future as well if my situations getting a lot better, still i am looking for a tech camera, and mostly i prefer to have Phase One on tech camera instead of Hasselblad back, so it means it will be a matter of time, and no rush, maybe i can get 180 later easier than now this year, maybe i will have enough money to buy even newer back that will be on the market next years, i have feeling that i will never look at IQ140 and IQ160, either IQ180 or higher, i will wait even 2 years no problem.

Professional

Dreaming of summer in the mountains:
Alice Lake, Sawtooth Range. Mamiya AFD3, 35mm MF, f16, 1.6s
Nice shot, i always love this kind of shots where i can see the mountains, and the water and the sky with clouds all in contrasty colors [blue, green, red/magenta,....etc].

fotografz

I actually have the IQ 140 on order at the moment. Have to figure if I want a P65 instead. Most likely will come down to the almighty dollar. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
Guy, it seems that for the broad array of things you shoot, the IQ 140 would be ideal. You make your current 40 meg back sing in so many different situations that the IQ 140 would only enhance in terms of speed and versatility. Plus saving some pennies for the upcoming new Phase Camera wouldn't be all bad :)

-Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.